Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMP I NEED AMP

Newcomer Array
    Hey peoplz,

I currently have the following setup

pioneer splits at the front
    10inch kinker comp sub
    and 6*9 for rear fill.
    i used to have just a crappy audioline amp, it was good and did the job, but now i am getting no sound thorugh the amp, there is power, i have rewired everything and still no sound. any ideas??? also wat sort of amp would be a good amp for running my front speakers and the sub???

my audioline was 4*200watts do i need that sort of power, i was bridging 2 channels for the amp, and using 2 channels for the front stage.

anyways i want to know one, wat i could do to fix my problem with my amp, or what is a good amp to purchase, don't really wanna spend to much..

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    yeah thats a good set up... I'm using the same thing and so is my mate in is VR como, sounds great in mine, crappy in his, but tis just temporary till he buys another amp. He has a kenwood 500watt or something, really nice power, puts out 150rms bridged and 55rms through the fronts, which is pretty much your max anyway(same as my mate) there are other options like buying last years stock on higher up brands. Heaps of high market audio shops sell old stock CHEAP!!! like 50% + discounts. I got a 1200 amp for 650-700? Well worth it. Just ring around you'll get one far cheap dude.

Member Array
    you may have fried some trannies inside the amp...

Did it run hot?

Being a cheap amp its been made of cheap components. Dissconnect it and open it up. If it smells bad, and has a 'brown' smell then you have fried something.
    Best bet then would be to replace it unless you know electronics well and fix it youself, maybe even boost her up a bit....

Newcomer Array
    what sort of amp would you guys recommend??? i opened up my amp few days back, dosn't smell at all, checekd everything looks fine, but not sure....... Can't be speakers or fuses, i think best bet is to replace the amp.

also does anyone recommend, buy 2 amps one for sub one for speakers???

is there a big diff in sq with diff amps??? or more so the power u can pump into the speakers??? i mean at low volume or a lil higher is there a huge diff, cause at the moment when i had the amp in, it had great sq and also really good bass if i wanted it.

i would recommend MTX good bang for ur buck

Newcomer Array
    what price am i looking at for a MTX amp???

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    ring up outobarn dandenong... they recent baught an amp off GL prosound(from what i can tell) and GL only wanted like 500 for it, 800.4 or 5 CRAZZY thing STUPID power. Its lightning audio so you know its decent quallity and true power figures. Failing that ring GL pro sound they always have gear going cheap.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    just a 3-channel or 4-channel amp would do fine for your setup.
    There are plenty of amps to look at, for cheap & decent amp go with Response, for quality amps go with Audison, Alpine, Rockford, Phoenix Gold, Fusion, Zapco, Soundstream, etc.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

The Audison SRx3 is perfectly suited to your application. Run channels 1 and 2 into your front speakers, the third subwoofer channel into your sub. Run the rears off the head unit.

Newcomer Array
    Fhrx what sort of price am i looking at for that amp???? where is a good place in melb to purchase amps/???

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    Whats your budget and I'll tell you the best place in melbourne to head. also how far you want to go, happy the way it is want up grades etc etc.

Newcomer Array
    I really don't wanna spend that much on an amp, i just wanna run my front splits and my sub, what would u recommend, but not top of the range, i mean i dun plan to change my system any more.