Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Beginner

Member Array
    Car:
    ED9 CRX

Honda Beginner

Hi OzHonda,

I'm looking at buying a 90-91 Honda CRX, I've got my finances in order and I am now starting to look. I want to make a mean NA car and have chosen the CRX for its looks and weight. Basically I want to know if I should tune the existing engine or go straight for a swap? Also will I pull enough power without a turbo to give most clowns in their commodores a whoopin?

And if anyone out there is selling a CRX for cheap that has crap all done to it and is in a state of disrepair, or knows of a Honda wreckers that might have something screwed mechanically but not bodywise, I am a keen purchaser.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    depends on whether u get a audm crx or a jdm one.....get the jdm SiR..already got a b16a so u woulnt have to swap ur enginme....

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    hmm if you get it with a b16 engin then ... you could be giving commodores a hard time
    my mate has a crx 95 model with I/H/E and he was beating supra (non-turbo)
    but if your going for full drag car, then do a H22 swap and have fun there
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Where are you located at a start?

There is always lots of CRXs for sale at autotrader.com.au or try www.crxaus.com as there is a few there too.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    Look for a shell and dump a b18c in it :]

Member Array
    Car:
    ED9 CRX
    I'm in North QLD, Townsville. So I think I'm gonna have a hard time chasing down a CRX in any shape or form. I've looked at most Australian used car sites and all CRX's seem to be modified already and I'm lookin to start from scratch.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED9 CRX

Jap v Aus

Is there much difference in the AUDM and the JDM other than the engine, like suspension, drivetrain, etc. If I am going to replace the engine would it be worth being picky and getting a JDM.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by szmidi
    I'm in North QLD, Townsville. So I think I'm gonna have a hard time chasing down a CRX in any shape or form. I've looked at most Australian used car sites and all CRX's seem to be modified already and I'm lookin to start from scratch.
    i understand where you're comming from but have to say - small modifications like air filter, or mags, springs and exhaust are minor enough that you can still buy the car and make the mods you want. Alot of them have 'just' those mods and I think would suit your idea of a project car.

GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    check CRXAUS...theres one goin for sale up there atm! if not...i may have one for sale soon (im in briz and mines fairly modded tho)

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 ED3 HONDA CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by szmidi
    Hi OzHonda,

I'm looking at buying a 90-91 Honda CRX, I've got my finances in order and I am now starting to look. I want to make a mean NA car and have chosen the CRX for its looks and weight. Basically I want to know if I should tune the existing engine or go straight for a swap? Also will I pull enough power without a turbo to give most clowns in their commodores a whoopin?

And if anyone out there is selling a CRX for cheap that has crap all done to it and is in a state of disrepair, or knows of a Honda wreckers that might have something screwed mechanically but not bodywise, I am a keen purchaser.
    if you get the 91 crx with a B16a and tuned it right with out going turbo you should be able to take on the clowns in the commodores

Member Array
    Car:
    88 civic
    Hey buddy, heres one for ya! Its awesome! one of the better CRX's out ther...more clean and sharp!.....

http://www.crxaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177
    selling ED 88 Civic & 93 civic half cut
    -----------------------------------

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    delsol -> dc5r -> s2000
    Heya szmidi, are you still interested in buyin an gen3 crx????