Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2007 CRV Gen 3?

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    release is feb 11th.

drove them last week, the handling is 100% better as well as the cabin design.
    engine is 2.4lt i-vtec 125kw. 5spd auto 6sp man
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    Should be a good drive hopefully. Fifth Gear did a review and wasnt too thrilled about the ride though.

From the pics it still looks ugly as but I will reserve judgement till I see it in the flesh as I have soft spot for the CRV having owned an 02 in the past.

Owning and loving our gen 1 CR-V Sport, we were keen to see what the new gen 3 was like. We went thru a new gen 3 CR-V Luxury at the Brisbane Motor Show with a fine tooth comb yesterday.

Didn't get alot of worthy pics but it actually does look a little better in real life than it does in all the photos seen previously on the internet (of US versions). On the whole though we think it is still ugly especially from the front.

The interior is nice and looks luxurious but it just doesn't feel as airy or spacious as our gen 1. Ground clearance is noticably reduced over the gen 1 and 2 so the gen 3 would be pathetic for anything remotely close to "off road". Apparently the gen 3 has gained some weight so the modest increase in engine power from the carry over 2.4 donk probably wouldn't be felt too much over a gen 2. Rear boot door is a huge change over the previous gens...as my wife is short, she wasn't able to reach it while it was open to close it! A huge red cross in her books.. no picnic table either.

An improvement it may be over previous gens in regards to drive, refinement and handling, but having lower ground clearance sucks, the top hinged tailgate could be too high for short ladies to reach (which is why she loves the gen 1/2 side opening tailgate), it just looks weird (especially that front!). I'm afraid we won't be upgrading to a new CR-V anytime soon, if at all. Long live the gen 1s!! Still the best in our opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    From that pic, it has dual zone climate which is cool (no pun intended)

no picnic table is no big deal. I used mine once in like 3 years. The new double decker cargo area is great. They had this in the PT Cruiser and I am surprised why no one else did this. You can put your heavy stuff on the floor while putting delicates (fruit etc) on the top shelf so they dont get squashed. You almost double your cargo space this way.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    Before

After

I used Paintbrush FTW to mod the front bumper to make it look normal.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    it doesnt look bad at all...its a new look and people get used to it in time...but your going to be paying alot more for it...the sport goes for about 37K not includ e on road etc..and the luxury about 39K only leather is the difference
    Honda the power of wet dreams

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir & 76 260Z
    Saw some at the Honda yard this morning. A father and his son were looking over one, I was hard pressed not to wind down the window and tell them not to buy it cause it is too bloody ugly.

The front and the curved back windows are really not working for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by 26ounce View Post
    Saw some at the Honda yard this morning. A father and his son were looking over one, I was hard pressed not to wind down the window and tell them not to buy it cause it is too bloody ugly.

The front and the curved back windows are really not working for me.
    Each to their own...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir & 76 260Z
    Quote Originally Posted by nexace View Post
    Each to their own...
    Fair enough.

While I'm not a fan of the current release, I believe this 2007 CRV will look a lot more presentable with a few minor revisions - like the ones kyle contributed above. The overall shape is fairly decent/inoffensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    i took a harder look at this car the only thing they should have done is remove the grill under the headlights and just have that as a bumper...
    Honda the power of wet dreams

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    I agree there are certain exterior areas which needs adjusting to make it more apprealing. And personally, I don't like the lower grill either, it would look much better without it.

A bit off topic but I came acoss this 2007 Odyssey:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...elName=Odyssey

I have no idea if this model will be replacing the current one of not but if it is, I going to buy the current one before they all go!