Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hey has anyone got a pic of the xforce muffler then?? i was also gonna get the mugen loop muffler until i saw the price tag. I currently have a supersprint muffler which is really quiet and it cost around $700. but now that i have a different rear bar the muffler can be seen a lot easier so i want something that looks a bit better.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    In that ITR dyno plot, I noticed (according to the info at the bottom) that the timing is advanced by 2 degrees and the intake and exhaust cams are adjusted!?!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

thats what i was thinking!

modding a b series and not losing power is tough!

Member Array
    ever thought of buying a spoon or mugen replica header???? u get them for cheaper and they are just as good.

Member Array
    Car:
    SIR
    I think the design/construction of a header is a lot more complex than a muffler, not ot mention the research time that is involved. A header will give u the most significant gain in power for a n/a motor. That's why it is worth it to invest in a branded header, also to give the company credit for their effort.

Yeah, what's been said about headers is so true. However, Mugen, Spoon, Jun etc. products are always mighty expensive and not everyone can afford these.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 civic coupe
    Yup,
    I’ve got one replica twin loop muffler from Xforce. Had it for over a year has a nice mellow sound but screams when you hit vtec. I’ve had no probs with mine and it gives me the sound I wanted, is not bad. Only prob is that the diameter of the canister is quite big and it may hit the chassis. As for the Header from Xforce they are in fact OBX. An cheapy US brand which I would not recommend. You need to invest in a header because it’s going to give you the majority of the gains. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by SirAZN
    Yup,
    I’ve got one replica twin loop muffler from Xforce. Had it for over a year has a nice mellow sound but screams when you hit vtec. I’ve had no probs with mine and it gives me the sound I wanted, is not bad. Only prob is that the diameter of the canister is quite big and it may hit the chassis. As for the Header from Xforce they are in fact OBX. An cheapy US brand which I would not recommend. You need to invest in a header because it’s going to give you the majority of the gains. :wink:
    Cool - nice to get some feedback from someone that actually has the MTL replica fitted. I don't like loud exhausts, and in light of that, would you still recommend the replica MTL to me? Btw, the replica is just an axle-back, right? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it (you can PM me if you wish).

Btw, what's your ride?

Cheers,
    SiR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 civic coupe
    It's just the muffler, and i actually got it through ebay for about 250 and postage was say 20 buks. I have it on My 99 civic coupe. looks hot.

is it good.. coz i got a quote 950 for exhaust from cat back... and 650 for the extractors.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    This is one very interesting topic with some very wayward information ... :roll: So I'm gonna add a little spice to this rather than let it spin shitways.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR
    Is this aussie brand any good?
    X-Force is made/manufactured in China. Has an AU ABN. So is this an Aussie brand? Yes, but only as a branding/business trading factor.

Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    do all the expencive brands make that much of a difference, I mean excluding the mugan loop style of cource, but even still does extending the exhaust achive much more performance over say a $160 2 1/4 cat back system? In what way does Titanium tubing aid in air flow?
    R&D, race proven, best quality materials, high construction/manufacturing standards etc. Unfortunately the Japanese big labels spent alot of money into doing that to perfect their products. Someone has to pay for all this R&D, and it happens to be the end consumer. Indeed, not everyone's cup of tea but certainly something to remember everytime you ask yourself why JDM products are so highly/heavily priced.

Titanium does not aid air flow any better than stainless which is the next step down. It's got very similar properties to stainless but it's got better heat properties and most of all, it's very lightweight and stronger when compared. Titanium is also a very expensive material itself. So you pay for the material, and construction. Unless you're really going all out for maximum weight reduction, stainless is good enough to do the job even on the race track.

Quote Originally Posted by one more chance
    In my opinion, the best header for B series honda engines are HyTech headers. The quality is of exceptional standard and the design is close to perfect! The results will see at least a 10% increase in power through-out the rev-range.
    It's good, but I wouldn't exactly call it a contender with JDM headers. There's simply no comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by SirAZN
    As for the Header from Xforce they are in fact OBX. An cheapy US brand which I would not recommend. You need to invest in a header because it’s going to give you the majority of the gains.
    So, how much do you know about OBX or OBX-R for the matter of fact to make a comment like that? And what exactly is "the majority of the gains" ... ? Oh actually, should I say, do you know how the OBX-R makes power? In terms of powerband? And which JDM manufacturer did OBX-R mimic to produce it's headers that holds same power outputs?

[quote="AP1 F20c"]

Quote Originally Posted by one more chance
    In my opinion, the best header for B series honda engines are HyTech headers. The quality is of exceptional standard and the design is close to perfect! The results will see at least a 10% increase in power through-out the rev-range.
    It's good, but I wouldn't exactly call it a contender with JDM headers. There's simply no comparisons.

quote]

sorry have to disagree there! Dont get me wrong, i think the JDM ITR header is the best bang for your buck option, but out of all the headers ive seen, the hy-tech and header-tech (very similar) are the best in terms of quality and performance.....marginally outpowered the JDM 4-1 headers! although its marginal, any improvement on B-series honda engines is like jackpot. mind you, hy-tech headers costs shitloads!