Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

Unhappy Need suspension upgrade for EK

Hi Everyone,

i just got my 96 EK hatch a few months ago and i really need to get rid of the stock springs&shocks ...

should i get king springs and koni shocks ?
    pedders is asking $300 per wheel ... whats the go ... ?

does anyone have a set they want to get rid of for some cash ???

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    koni shocks are 800bux
    king springs are 200bux
    labour will be around 100-200bux dependin on place

i have a set of stock shocks with height adjustble springs on them.
    pm me if ur interested in them.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    adjustable springs? or u mean adj. shocks?
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    i have stock EK4 shocks matchin wiht chopped springs yoo...

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red FN2R

Thumbs up

ok so you need shocks Koni yellows are the way to go....best shocks around in my opinion...

as for springs well if your on a low budget Low kings springs should be okbut if your got a high budget get some eibach's there supposed to be the best spring on the market.

I have a koni + king package on my car and i have not complaints or problems and ive been running on em for just ova 10000k's

Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r
    instead of kings...pay that tiny tiny bit more and get whitelines...muuuchhh better for a small extra cost...

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    why not just get full colivers .

koni's plus springs = price of fully adjustble coilovers.

Tein SS - hit Yonas up @ JDMYard.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    As others have said, it depends on how much you want to spend and what you are actually looking for in the shocks/springs:

1. If you have limited resources just buy some basic springs and replace the shocks in the longer term.
    2. If you want a basic shock, get some koni reds and relevant springs to match (you wont have any adjustability however)
    3. If you have a bit more money, go koni yellows and a matched pair of springs.
    4. If you are looking for full adjustability (both height adjustment and spring dampner) get a set of full coilovers.

If you are looking for different brands shop around abit, read up online and get a number of different quotes. You might also look into getting something second hand if that is your preference.

Hope that helps.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

mate i got a 97 ek sedan n ive got low king springs n kyb shocks n i got the springs for$200 and the shocks for $400 but then u gotta add ur labour onto that cause i did mine myself but yeah pretty happy wit the setup

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    civic racer how low is your car?
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

it sits 1" lower n it looks sweet wit a set of 15's or 16's if i remember correctly superlows go 2". the reason i chose lows was i still have a bit of suspension were as superlows would look great but if u hit a pot hole or something ur really gonna feel it but that also depending on ur tyres.