Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Tyre Recommendations for Euro OEM 17's

Hi guys, i've search teh forums and haven't found any recommendations for the OEM's 17's.

I'm looking at getting some new rubber for my 2005 OEM 17's 225/45 which provide a comfortable ride and low tyre noise. Which one's do you guys use and prefer?

Cheers

Seik

get advan a048's and if you dont like them sell them to me (hehe semi-slicks)

seriously tough... the only advice i can offer is to stay away from the goodyear eagle f1 gs d3's i have them and although they are pretty good they might be too noisy for you

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    seriously tough... the only advice i can offer is to stay away from the goodyear eagle f1 gs d3's i have them and although they are pretty good they might be too noisy for you
    gsd3's are an awesome tyre for the price.
    Noisy when just cornering normally.
    But the grip is insane.

Only bad thing is a real soft sidewall. Good for whip oversteer fun

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    LOL, everyone is recommending performance tyres, which are usually louder than the OEM.

For low tyre noise, very few beat Yokohama's C.Drive. Grip-wise, they are better than the Euro's base model 16" OEM tyre (Dunlop SP2050m)!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I took your advice aaron and called around for the best price.

Best i could get was 250 a tyre fitted and balanced. What is the tyre life on these and are they worth it?

I was hoping for something a bit cheaper around the 180-200 dollar mark that was still decent enough

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    C.drives are not cheap. Because they are both quiet and grip well the cost is high. Even for my size, 205/55 R16, they cost $205 each at Bob-Jane. Try calling Bob-Jane, Tempe Tyres and Australia's Best. Have to keep calling around til you get the price that you want.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken
    I took your advice aaron and called around for the best price.

Best i could get was 250 a tyre fitted and balanced. What is the tyre life on these and are they worth it?

I was hoping for something a bit cheaper around the 180-200 dollar mark that was still decent enough
    If you want a quiet tyre don't get directional! Go with something like the Dunlop 3000A - it is excellent value and costs less than the C-Drives.

The guy wants something quiet and comfortable...
    go for Potenza then....their rubber is very soft...RE040 or something below...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by slidetaker
    The guy wants something quiet and comfortable...
    go for Potenza then....their rubber is very soft...RE040 or something below...
    RE040s are what's on the car to begin with...

(It always annoys me when cars come from the factory with directional tyres and a full sized directional spare -- which really isn't very helpful! Don't get me wrong, I quite like the RE040s but I hope I don't ever get a flat on the left-hand side! By the time I come to change tyres, the spare will be going hard compared to a new tyre. You can't do a 5-tyre rotation...)
    Last edited by Tobster; 15-03-2006 at 11:28 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    thanx for all your responses doods.

i ended up getting the c-drives for 1K all up including wheel alignment + a free rotation/balance and wheel alignment after 5000Km on them.

These tyres are great, smooth and quiet =)

thanx again.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    No problem. Remember to let the tyre wear in a bit (50-100km) before you try "grip" testing.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Rather than start a new thread thought I would revive an old.

So what is the tyre of choice these days?

As with just over 50k on the clock my tyres are wearing thin.