Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

(Euro) Stereo Noise

I just installed a Denison IceLink Plus into our 03 Lux, and I noticed a background buzzing type noise from the stereo... it's quite strange, when you turn the volume down to "-", the noise disappears, as soon as you turn the volume to 1 the noise appears, and remains constant in volume right up to max volume (this is obviously with no music playing). If it was just general background noise from the stereo it should increase as the volume is turned up... I don't know if this noise is common to other Euro's - or even if it existed before I installed the IceLink - I tried disconnecting the IceLink, but the noise was the same - I can't think I ever sat in the Euro with the engine off and the stereo on very quietly before I was installing the IceLink. The noise appears regardless of input selected - radio, CD or CDC. It's got me completely baffled, and while it isn't very noticeable - I assume you can't hear it all whilst driving and it get's drowned out by the music once you get to 6 or 7 volume - now that I know it's there it's gunna bug me...

BTW, the IceLink is very easy to install, the hardest part is getting the compartment below the stereo out... I'm happy with the IceLink too, controlling the iPod from the stereo is pathetic as I suspected, but it works nicely controlling the iPod from the iPod, and allows the steering wheel buttons to track skip still (as well as switching off the ipod when you turn the stereo off).

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Have you installed any new power cables to power the icelink/ipod? The audio cables will act as an antenna and pickup nearby electromagnetic interference from the power cables and cause amplified buzzing through the sound system. In your case, the speaker cables could be affected since the buzzing volume doesnt change.

Maybe relocating the cables will resolve the problem.
    .© ♪

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Although the problem is coming from the Euro, I will move it to the Audio section where the audioheads can help you with this problem as it sounds like it might not be related to the Euro's sound system

CHEERS
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    factory euro deck will give you noise and i say this when you connect an amp to it.

from what i can gather you have no amp but a something or other connected to it to play mp3's?

if you dont have an amp connected then the only thing it can be it the thing you connected, if you have an amp then i would point the finger at your deck inducing the noise. it can also be where you have tapped into to get the unit to power up if it requires a 12v source.

and yes we all know how good OEM decks are not regardless who puts their name on it not to mention Mark Levinson AKA Pioneer
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA
    factory euro deck will give you noise and i say this when you connect an amp to it.

from what i can gather you have no amp but a something or other connected to it to play mp3's?

if you dont have an amp connected then the only thing it can be it the thing you connected, if you have an amp then i would point the finger at your deck inducing the noise. it can also be where you have tapped into to get the unit to power up if it requires a 12v source.

and yes we all know how good OEM decks are not regardless who puts their name on it not to mention Mark Levinson AKA Pioneer
    haha my dad owns the lexus sc430 with the leviso system stock haha it does sound good but i didn't kno it was all pioneer hahaha he always has a go sayi his system is betta but ow i can suggest that his 160g car is not really much betta than my 10g car witha a 1g system in it hahahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    well I must admit that maybe not all are Pioneer, some might be Fujitsu Ten. if you ever want to confirm, most of the amps will be located left hand side of the glovebox. not an easy task by all means to remove it
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    Hi nitro,

I just started a thread about the same problem in my Euro (see http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41379. IMHO it is a common problem with the OEM head unit. From the information I've gathered, getting an aftermarket head unit might be the only solution.

Have you made any progress with your car?

Hi there, this static noise is just unbearable and I am shocked not all euro drivers even complain about it. Maybe we should install the Pivot Raizin Sound electric stabilizer? HELLO euroers out there, do you guys notice this problem too????

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    No probs with my 06 head unit. The problem only existed with the earlier euro's I believe
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    No probs with my 06 head unit. The problem only existed with the earlier euro's I believe
    You're right. I testdrove the '06 model and it doesn't have that problem. I was hoping to find out exactly what the differences are from the '03 unit, but Honda told me that there's a new unit # for the '06 HU, and it would cost $1000+ to replace the damn thing.

What is Pivot Raizin Sound electric stabilizer? Does anyone have experiences with it?

Well I am going to install one. For AU $80, not too bad. Will notify if it gets rid of the noise