Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    Quote Originally Posted by curik
    Well I am going to install one. For AU $80, not too bad. Will notify if it gets rid of the noise
    I look forward to hearing from you. BTW, are you getting it installed in a shop or can it be ordered on the internet? I need to know because I'm across the pond.

its very simple to install and almost everyone can DIT. There is one seller, here it is http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28771

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    Looks interesting. Let me know how it turns out. Cheers.

No good. The noise is coming from the HU. Even with auxilliaries and engine off the noise is still there. I have Focal 165A components at the front, a bad installation might have caused the noise. Nitro, its not the Icelink too, I removed mine and the noise is still there. DO you have any aftermarket speakers? If not, this can be an issue with 03-04 euros. I am going to get my car to a dealer and ask them to fix it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    Figured as much. The noise was there from the day I picked up my car, and I went through every single Euro in the dealership - they all had the noise. The service manager agreed with me that the noise exists, but he thinks it's more pronounced in cars with premium speakers (factory option). He has talked to Honda NZ, whom after two years decided to call it a "feature". My direct inquiries with Honda NZ HQ has gone unanswered so far, so I've pretty much given up till I tried the '06 Euro, which didn't have this noise, proving that this problem can be fixed. Although it may very well be that '06 models use a different HU (the part number has changed). I should also note that this problem does not exist in '04 Acura TSX, which uses a different HU. And I have read some reports about this problem in US-spec Accords, which I assume use the same HU as our Accord Euro.

curik, don't worry about you mods - I don't think they're the cause. If you get anywhere with your dealer, please let me know, especially if they figure out a way to fix this.

I'm always amazed at how few people actually notice this (perhaps proving that most people just listen to crap radio stations as a background sound). Granted it's not really noticable unless one listens to quiet music - perhaps I just have hyper sensitive hearing or something. Perhaps we should stop telling people about this - ignorance is bliss, you know.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxphile
    Figured as much. The noise was there from the day I picked up my car, and I went through every single Euro in the dealership - they all had the noise. The service manager agreed with me that the noise exists, but he thinks it's more pronounced in cars with premium speakers (factory option). He has talked to Honda NZ, whom after two years decided to call it a "feature". My direct inquiries with Honda NZ HQ has gone unanswered so far, so I've pretty much given up till I tried the '06 Euro, which didn't have this noise, proving that this problem can be fixed. Although it may very well be that '06 models use a different HU (the part number has changed). I should also note that this problem does not exist in '04 Acura TSX, which uses a different HU. And I have read some reports about this problem in US-spec Accords, which I assume use the same HU as our Accord Euro.

curik, don't worry about you mods - I don't think they're the cause. If you get anywhere with your dealer, please let me know, especially if they figure out a way to fix this.

I'm always amazed at how few people actually notice this (perhaps proving that most people just listen to crap radio stations as a background sound). Granted it's not really noticable unless one listens to quiet music - perhaps I just have hyper sensitive hearing or something. Perhaps we should stop telling people about this - ignorance is bliss, you know.
    Interesting. I listen exclusively to CDs in my car including some orchestra ones and I didn't notice noise nor hissing. The low notes did send my speaker cover buzzing though!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Not all euros have this problem. I think only the 03-04 have it. My friend's 05 doesnt have any noise at all even when the volume is turned up to max. The noise in my car gets very audible if you turn the volume near to the max. Something isnt normal.

Saxophone, I made this a big fuss since the noise is ANNOYING as when you listen to classics or quiet music at low volume the noise is just driving me nuts. Is your stereo stock in any way?
    Last edited by curik; 03-09-2006 at 01:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Well after changing the stock 6x9's to a decent 3-way set, I have the exact same problem with my MY06 Euro ... constant hissing noise from Volume 1 thru to about 20, then volume hiss takes over.

Seems like they may have improved the hissing noise problem on the MY06 models, but can still be amplified/heard with rear speakers that output high treble.

Setup = Honda HU -> IceLink -> HighLevel speaker input using the stock euro speaker cables -> Amp - > 6x9's

...wander if replacing the thin stock rear speaker wires would improve the noise.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    My stereo set up is stock except for the premium speakers, which as I said was a factory option. I do know that adding an amp is guaranteed to make the hiss very noticeable, so if you've gone down that road I'm afraid the hiss is something you'll have to live with. If you can hear the hiss with stock setup, I guess the consolation is in knowing that you have bat-like hearing.

EuroDude, your comment is very interesting, and I think it probably proves that the problem is with the crappy HU Honda uses (albeit less crappy for MY06). I haven't really solved the problem, but since I got my iPod hooked up I mostly listen to podcasts and audiobook, so it's not as much a bother as before. :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I see. Maybe covering the tweeters with bluetac will help

I may try replacing the wires anyway, at least to avoid general interference.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    Well, good luck and do let us know if you got anywhere.

so any updates? could the headunit has a flaw somewhere? I can take advantage of my warranty lol