Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Interesting. I listen exclusively to CDs in my car including some orchestra ones and I didn't notice noise nor hissing. The low notes did send my speaker cover buzzing though!
    Mine wasnt hissing at all, until I replaced the rear 6x9's with decent 3-way speakers.
    .© ♪

so dude, until you replaced the rear 6x9? have you tried unplugging them? I tried to unplug them and the noise is still there. But I also replaced my front 6.5 with 2 way separate speakers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Havent tried unplugging them yet. Funny thing is, I have new 2Way speakers at the front as well, but I dont hear the hissing noise out of them (they are running straight off the honda deck).

I'm using the stock rear speaker wires for my Amp's input (I'm not using RCA's), maybe they are gathering interference and causing the hissing... Replacing the crappy wires with good insulated wire may solve the problem.
    .© ♪

Went into my friend's 04 the other day and his stereo had a similar noise too, but in my other friend's 05 it's clean. So maybe the 04 had a problem with the stereo noise?

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    It's a problem with all the Euro's. I've got an 06 and noticed the very slight hissing even with a completely stock system. If you dont hear it then it just means that you're either tone deaf or not picky enough

I'm using a LOC and aftermarket amps/EQ's etc and it's taken a lot of messing around with all the gains to reduce the amplified 'hiss' below audible levels.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    It's a problem with all the Euro's. I've got an 06 and noticed the very slight hissing even with a completely stock system. If you dont hear it then it just means that you're either tone deaf or not picky enough

I'm using a LOC and aftermarket amps/EQ's etc and it's taken a lot of messing around with all the gains to reduce the amplified 'hiss' below audible levels.
    If you don't mind me asking - how much did all that cost you? Although I finding the idea of using aftermarket amps/EQlizer to REDUCE noise ironic, I'm willing to give this a try. I just don't feel like getting an aftermarket HU and giving up the remove controls on the steering wheel and storage space.

I've actually tried a '06 Euro, and I can definitely say that I didn't notice any hiss. It may be that I didn't spend enough time in that car, but the hiss in '03 Euro is deafening.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Trust me the noise is there on the 06.. although maybe less.

Hahah and I'm not using my gear to reduce the noise.. why would I do that. It's just that if you want to use the factory HU and want a 'perfect' noiseless system, then you shouldnt even try

That being said, its still pretty good.. you just have to go easy on the input voltage to the EQ's and amps.

Oh and I did the install myself using gear I already had. Just bought a Navone LOC to keep the factory HU.

Here's a pic... Sub is in a fibreglass box on the right hand side
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fin9.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	4400  
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-03-2007 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Add pic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003 MT
    Damn that's one clean installation. You wouldn't happen to do this for a living, would you? I wouldn't want to give up split folding though, so I might just wait and see if there's an aftermarket HU that allows me to use teh remote controls.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    LOL no its really a pretty basic install and didnt take too long to put together. BTW the seats still fold forward independantly, I didnt want to lose that

The amp rack is just bolted to the back of the left hand seat. It uses spaces to make it look flush.. the wiring is hidden in the cavity between the rack and the seat.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    I just installed a Dension Icelink R3 Ipod adapter into my car (2005 euro) as well. After the install my speakers started to buzz/whistle and the strange thing was that they seemed to change pitch with the RPM of the car.

I have heard that it is a common problem with some cars. It has something to do with the alternator (the thing that charges your battery). By removing my battery during the install and reseting to factory default, I am wondering if this could have been the reason for it to start.

I am taking in my car to the dealer in 2 days time. Until then I will ask my brother who is a mechanic and also search like crazy. It is most obvious between songs in that 1 second of silence.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If the whistling starts after you installed the Icelink, then I am inclined to think that the icelink has poor grounding/circuit design. Maybe the input is live all the time even when not set to AUX.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    Yea I am assuming it is touching another grounding cradle and picking up feedback from another wire in my dash. I am going to rip out her guts again and make sure no wires a bare and hopefully fix it. I don't think the dension adapter is earthed unless it is earthed through the HU.

I am going to work on it on the weekend, I will let you know how it goes...