Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

max width for s2k guards

hey guys,

just wondering whats the maximum width i could put under the s2k guards?

and what kinda offset would be the minimum i could go?
    the owners manual doesnt say anything about offset..

would it be possible to fit 10" or 11" wides on the rears of the s2k?

what would be the optimum offset for the wheels to allow wider wheels?

i can my hands on a set of 10 or 11" wide rims, with offsets of 33 or 34.
    what do u guys think?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Stock specs are
    Front 16 x 6.5 +50
    Rear 16 x 7.5 +65

It is possible to fit 10 or 11 on the rears, but not with those offsets I'm afraid. I could be wrong, but that's the research I've done so far.

Maybe you should do some research too

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by BRU51N
    hey guys,

just wondering whats the maximum width i could put under the s2k guards?

and what kinda offset would be the minimum i could go?
    the owners manual doesnt say anything about offset..

would it be possible to fit 10" or 11" wides on the rears of the s2k?

what would be the optimum offset for the wheels to allow wider wheels?

i can my hands on a set of 10 or 11" wide rims, with offsets of 33 or 34.
    what do u guys think?
    im possible to run rims with those sorta offsets. Atm im running 8.5" at the rears +40 offset. Running this sort of offset severely limits the tyre choice in terms of width which affects handling. I would only recommend it for street use. Unfortunately the s2k isnt like 350z which runs a lower offset for some fat dish...

i would like the most fattest wheels that are able to fit under the rear guards of an s2k.

what is the widest wheels u guys have heard that have fitted under the guards? and what kinda offset was it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    to fit wide rims under the guards you would need to run a higher offset like +60 or something along those lines. I remember widest i have seen is about 9.5" somewhere on s2ki....

so if the offset is higher like +50, +60 etc.. would mean its close to the brakes, hence i can fit wider wheels?

would this matter with the coilovers... as in,would the tyres ever hit the coilvers?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'm running 9" with 65 offset. Yes eventually you're going to hit something, be it the guard of the suspension.

The question you really want to ask yourself is why do you want width? The wider your tyres the shorter your contact patch and hence the less traction on take off.

Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000
    I'm running 9" with 65 offset. Yes eventually you're going to hit something, be it the guard of the suspension.

The question you really want to ask yourself is why do you want width? The wider your tyres the shorter your contact patch and hence the less traction on take off.
    my perspective.. the wider.. the more dish = the nicer i think.. well thats my opinion....

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Ahh the "more show than go" philosophy.

Just keep in mind that as you go wider you need a higher offset, so the 'dish' doesn't get any bigger.

negative offset is when your dish starts appearing lmao, but yeh, having such a high offset, i don't see much dish :P maybe you should consider widebody
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Without wanting to be an ass, maybe he should consider a different car. The 350Z lends itself to as much rice dish as you can eat.

Widebody kits are a whole lot of time and money to end up with a second rate effect that does nothing but ruin your handling and impress pimple faced adolescents.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000

wat rims have u got?? i know racing hart do a good one in 17x9 with 65 offset.. CP035

i was thinking about gettin a set too for better handling.. are there any issues with rubbing or guard hitting with ur car at the moment.. i guess it all depends how much u lowered it as well..