Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    massa from the rear just goes to show if you plan on swapping motor plan for a 1 stop. works a treat. Its what M.S should have done. As we watched kimi perform well doing this all last year

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Everyone else can die. Kimi was totally sposed to win haha

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    Quote Originally Posted by nEUROtic
    Everyone else can die. Kimi was totally sposed to win haha
    TRUE SO TRUE

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Why was Kimi sposed to win btw? Wasn't Fisi fastest in practice, and then qualifying as well?
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Just wanted to say.. I visited this race track when I was in Malaysia

Actually seeing what Massa did this weekend - I suspect that it is possible that because we always see Kimi come from right behind to be at the front or on the podium (in 2005, McLaren was fastest car after first few races. Just unreliable) we might have given Kimi too much credit. Haha.... apparently if you have a fast car and you go on 1 stopper, it works well!

Hondavirgin - Fisi is nowhere near as fast as Alonso, you can see it in times from last year, to Winter testing, to qualifying rounds. In fact, Kovalainen (Renault test driver) is faster that Fisi during winter testing on several occasions. The only reason why Fisi was infront of alonso this time around, was because they double fuelled Alonso during final shootout round of qualifying, making Alonso qualifying with a heavy fuel load.

Rosberg is very fast, but wait til next year when Kovalainen is released from test drivers duty... That guy can drive. In GP2 last year, he was leading the championship the whole time until the last race, when Rosberg suddenly won the decisive points somehow

I forgot to mention - Kovalainen won Race of Champions in 2004 as well, beating the two following guys. He is like Kimi from Finland, and the youngest driver to have won ROC. Here's what Heikki Kovalainen said:

KOVALAINEN: ".... I just can't believe it ... I just tried to attack a little harder, brake a little later. Unbelievable, I beat both World Champions! (Schumacher, Sebastien Loeb) ... I beat rallying's World Champion in a WRC car. Amazing! And it's not every day you get a chance to beat Michael Schumacher ... That was a big moment."

He didn't compete in 2005 ROC, and the guy he defeated in 2004 Sebastian Loeb, World Rally Champion - won it this time
    Last edited by Omotesando; 22-03-2006 at 01:04 AM.

Something to note here...
    Sato's fastest lap time in Malaysia was a 1:40.199 (in a modified 4 year old chassis with a v8 engine).... while Minardi last year posted fastest lap times of 1:42.465 and a 1:43.558 with v10s'
    pretty impressive i reckon!

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    I don't think Fisi is nowhere as fast as Alonso, Alonso is consistently faster though i will give you that.

My main point was every race people are saying Kimi should have won that or Kimi should have been faster or whatever, the guy is fast i know, but he's no schumacher. He is no better than Alonso, who is only a bit better than the majority of the top team drivers.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Love your sig Hondavirgin!

I think people (myself included) see Kimi's potential and are bitterly disappointed when he has things happen that are out of his control... And the few times that he has managed to get to the end of a race he has usually done very well (even after starting at the back at times)... I just hope that in the rest of the races this year he has the chance to show everyone the fire he has in him and hopefully win some races too

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    whens the australian grand prix tipping thread gunna be up?

Quote Originally Posted by chicken8
    next week im guessin...

Quote Originally Posted by chicken8
    You want it up early?