Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    I forgot to mention, if your going down the Forced induction road, FRM sleeves are no good with Forged pistons. The properties of the FRM prevent them to be used reliably with them with most aftermarket piston manufacturers as FRM sleeves have been design to run tighter piston to wall clearances. Using a Forged piston you will find the clearance is more on the loser side. At high rpm and the thermal expansion rates of forged pistons causes the FRM walls to score which turns your block into junk after a very short while.
    Formerlly modproject

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...

Cool

Id say just do the rebuild yourself, bugger payin someone loads of cash to do something u can do yourself.... I did mine and it was easy, u just need a helms manual and a decent mechanical mind and yeah.. sweet.

Im waiting for the "ARRGGG!! u cant do that""" HAHA!!
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    i thought using a block gaurd was a bit of a intresting issue?? what are the pro's and cons, is there any point?
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    I think our honer can do em just fine!! As for thermal expansion look here. For a block guard I would rather not. I had one before I sleeved and it warped my cylinders. I know some have had success with them but I hate them. There are many different types of aluminum out there so find out what your block is made from and match the guard to it so they expand and contract at the same temps. Read in the thermal link, you’ll get what I am saying then.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer
    I forgot to mention, if your going down the Forced induction road, FRM sleeves are no good with Forged pistons.
    I don't believe that is true. The stock pistons are forged.

What is required is that the pistons are designed for FRM cylinders (ie. that they have a high silicon content).

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by spardikis
    Id say just do the rebuild yourself
    I will defintely do the rebuild myself. I do all my own work. But I don't have the equipment to properly hone cylinders or machine them out and fit sleeves.

And a lot of the process is extremely high precision so I will be measuring twice, cutting once if you know what I mean. I'll also be buying a very experienced engine builder loads of beer in the process.

Member Array
    Guiness ok! Make sure you send it to the house not the shop. I'll never see it!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Sure, if only you were a little closer.

Member Array
    Ya that's the problem with you guys down there. If only you all were here I could hook you all up with all the cool fun stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Still, it has it's up side.

Member Array
    I wouldn't even think of having you all send a block to me. Shipping would have to be done UPS or FedEx at 4-5 days at $800USD, 5-10 days at $500USD

USPS/Mail won't ship, too heavy.

I will look into whom we used for our shipping for the IRL cars and parts but I think FedEx was a sponsor so it was free. I know you can go to the airport and put it on a plane but it has to be met there at the destination for fees and pickup.

Specs: 100 pounds with 24"x24"x24" crate, $1800USD insurance. From 80920 USA to 2088 AUS.
    Last edited by Slow96GSR; 20-03-2006 at 10:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000
    I don't believe that is true. The stock pistons are forged.

What is required is that the pistons are designed for FRM cylinders (ie. that they have a high silicon content).
    At the moment I only know of one piston manufacturer that offers that kind of piston for the s2000 but it has a pretty hefty price tag not sure if they offer a smaller dome configuration as it is design for NA.

I'm using a high silicon content Forged Piston in a H22A setup, it comes at a big expense as JUN/MAHLE only manufacturers i know that offer that setup.

If your deciding to run boost with these sleeves and having a motor that will last let me know how your motor holds up.
    Last edited by Bowzer; 21-03-2006 at 02:35 AM.
    Formerlly modproject