Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WRX Kill!

hahah nice one mate
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    Oh the shame, the agony
    I WASNT TRYING!!! =]
    on a serious note... dont u just hate that!!!
    they think they've won?!?!

yeh, he tried again, but rattled his heatshield loose cause he was bunnyhopping

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    i dunno how u bet a wrx in 1st gear....guess he didn't launch huh???
    well nice win..ahah

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    As stated in your original post, this is a kid with a new WRX, you can not launch a wrx properly until you have practiced it a couple of times.

Let me ask the original poster, did you notice that he bogged the launch or was this a minor detail and wasnt worth mentioning?

Credit where credit is due, you prolly had a great launch and took off too far for a turbo'ed boxer to catch up so good on you.

I can tell you now, baring the S2000 and modded ITR the only real world Honda competitor I dont think it would be the same outcome if you raced an experienced rex driver.

Is your car modded? a modded rex will obliterate any 2wd at the launch.

Then again a win is a win, but dont go judging future rex traffic light GP by that experience because i guarantee you that any half decent rex driver would eat you at the launch and when turbo kicks in it will be like your vtec and keep on pulling.
    Last edited by SiNH; 26-11-2004 at 09:07 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    in saying that... =)
    any 4WD will kill any 2wd off the launch. =)

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    fukn rex owners havin a cry.

nice one weq
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    heheh =)
    a win is a win! =P

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNH
    As stated in your original post, this is a kid with a new WRX, you can not launch a wrx properly until you have practiced it a couple of times.

Let me ask the original poster, did you notice that he bogged the launch or was this a minor detail and wasnt worth mentioning?

Credit where credit is due, you prolly had a great launch and took off too far for a turbo'ed boxer to catch up so good on you.

I can tell you now, baring the S2000 and modded ITR the only real world Honda competitor I dont think it would be the same outcome if you raced an experienced rex driver.

Is your car modded? a modded rex will obliterate any 2wd at the launch.

Then again a win is a win, but do go judging future rex traffic light GP by that experience because i guarantee you that any half decent rex driver would eat you at the launch and when turbo kicks in it will be like your vtec and keep on pulling.
    umm na my car isnt modded.. just a stocky!

we both didnt launch. sorry it was a minor detail. just a spirited take off and foot flat to the floor. sure the wrx would of killed me off the line if he launched, but i would of chased his punk ass down and show him that he should of left him mums car at home.

fwd vs 4wd isnt much of a comparision. its all about traction. give me a pair of slicks and i'll play with the 4wd's then, because comparivitly, it will give us even 60ft's and show which has more balls.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    but then you race the rex driver twice in a row and watch his box blow after really good launches

WRX's really are all launch, they dont have very much mid-range and top end stock

i think there just scared that there modern day gemini isnt that quick after all... what does a stock wrx do down the 1/4 mile? 14 something.. my car was stock a pulled a 15.5 im not saying i will beat a wrx... but take away the turbo and the 4wd and cya...

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Thats a silly thing to say "Take away a turbo and the 4wd and cya".

Subaru engineer their cars for a turbo, Honda for N/A and Nissan for RWD turbo (generally).

If you take things off/put things on it's going to screw everything. Of course everyone here will say a WRX isnt anything, but put a good driver in a WRX (STi or not), and they will be fairly hard to catch.

Congrats on the win dude! Sounds like quite a weapon you have there. I like the fact you havent dressed it up with silly additions, keeping it simple is keepin it real

-theo