Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VAFC2 on Jazz?

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士

VAFC2 on Jazz?

Hi,

Just want to find out how many of you have VAFC2 fitted onto your Jazz? Just a couple of questions I want to ask.

1. Power gain.. how much? how many percent?
    2. Expected fuel consumption as compare to stock
    3. Known problem or side effect?
    4. I was told that the ECU will override the VAFC2 settings after a while.. is that true?
    5. Will it void the Honda warranty?

Pictures in car would be nice... thanks in advance.

1. it all depends on if u tune it or not.. does nothing if u leave it on the same setting su got it in
    2. Fuel.. also depends on how much u tune it, use vtec more fuel, u can also change ur fuel settings to up to +/- 20%
    3. none that i know of
    4. nopes vafc piggy backs the ecu
    5. yes it will
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

cont.

I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy_fit_vtit
    1. it all depends on if u tune it or not.. does nothing if u leave it on the same setting su got it in
    2. Fuel.. also depends on how much u tune it, use vtec more fuel, u can also change ur fuel settings to up to +/- 20%
    3. none that i know of
    4. nopes vafc piggy backs the ecu
    5. yes it will

thanks for the reply..

So, how much gain do you get sassy?

Yeah .. I was told that the ECU will override the settings of the VAFC after a while.. that's not true then...

Do you know whether there is enough space to put the VAFC on the right? (where the little Jazz is?)

there is i think but it'll be at a weird angle, havent dyno'd to get a number and i cant get a number with the vafc alone anyways cos of what i have done to my car.. but get someone to tell you what all the charts are on the settings and play around with it.. ideal rpm for vtec to kick in if u were to lower it is 3700rpms.

i like ur gauge cluster and steering wheel btw what year model do u have?

vafc is ok... its installing and tuning that costs a bit too much.... almost the price of another vafc.... thats y i sold my vafc last time....

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k
    i was told that it was useless installing it on a AT CVT.
    because the CVT already has a vtec controller. when you apply greater force on the accelerator, it will ingitiate the vtec. so in order words, vtec will kick in when u accelerate harder

.. vtec kicks in at a certian rpm which is set in the factory ecu.. for example in the jazz it kicks in at about 5000rpms, what vafc does in reguards to vtec is re-sets the rpm that vtec kicks in at. when my mechanic was explaining it to me he said that vafc's piggypacks etc pretty much lie to ur factory ecu.. if that makes any sense

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    I don't really see the point in putting a V-AFC on a car. They make pretty good looking gauges, but the power that you'll gain and the fuel that you will save probably won't be worth the investment.

Maybe you could put the money for the V-AFC towards some headers or something?

vafc not only vtec point... also the amt of air

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    .... sure, but how much more power do you think you can get ?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy_fit_vtit
    .. vtec kicks in at a certian rpm which is set in the factory ecu.. for example in the jazz it kicks in at about 5000rpms
    according to the offical honda website vtec kicks in somewhere in between 2300rpm to 3600rpm.

For me i can feel it after 3600, when i drive about 115km on the freeway its about 3400rpm, but when i hit about 120km it hits 3600rpm, thats when the car gets really noisy cuz of vtec
    Last edited by magii; 22-03-2006 at 12:41 PM.