Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    White EM1
    Kris, you should be able to get a T3 super 60 from the US for about US$550 + shipping
    Euro...?

The lower I go, the more she likes it!

Canberra Test Tag - For all your electrical testing needs

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    You dont want a turbo spooling too early on the street, your fuel consuption will sky rocket!
    I really think that this is a huge misconception. The car isn't going to go into boost if you're accelerating at a low rate of speed, unless the turbo is just rediculously tiny.

For a while I was running a 15g turbo... quite tiny... full boost very early, started to boost around 2k, etc... but if I drove like normal, I could stay entirely out of boost, and my gas milage barely decreased compared to stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    ok.... jst from what i saw..... maybe you are right.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    between gears you are more likely to build boost on a small turbo than something comparatively larger.

Agreed, under cruising conditions its not an issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    on stock internals, as has been said u dont wana get something too big because you wana get power through the rev range that the engine uses now. my suggestion to you would be either a gt25/30, a gt28rs or if u wanted a ball-bearing t28 off an s15 would also be a good option. as with any turbo, if u got ur foot to the floor everytime, ur gonna use a lot more fuel, but the thing is, why not!! if u want a turbo, u want the power, of course a little more fuel consumption is gonna come wit that much more power!

nic
    dc5r in the works....

you would be better using a gt28r from garett where it is a 310hp application, you cant go wrong with a roller bearing item less lag which is what we honda drivers would suffer greatly from down low, you want something that is suitable for the application and driving style look on ATP website as they give breif descriptions and turbo maps hope its helpful

also the guy from DNA is helpful and his prices are quigte competative and he has a good understanding of the application you explain

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    If you want to make power, you do not want a GT28r.
    If you want early response, you want a GT28r.

what are peoples opinions on smaller turbos like a td04l or a td05h? im still learning abt honda and the vtecs, but my theory is that these smaller turbos spool up really quick,may lack some top end but wouldnt vtec take care of that?the turbo is to give it more torque on lower revs

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by oakmotn
    what are peoples opinions on smaller turbos like a td04l or a td05h? im still learning abt honda and the vtecs, but my theory is that these smaller turbos spool up really quick,may lack some top end but wouldnt vtec take care of that?the turbo is to give it more torque on lower revs
    I ran a td05h on my d16z6 for a while... very small turbo. Gave plenty of power down low, super fast spool, etc which was great, however, the thing fell on its face after 6000 rpm or so. The car just died up high. I certainly wouldn't even consider such a turbo for a b16, etc.

what abt a td05 with a 16g wheel 8cm zorst housing (evo3)?

i see the typical setup around here is a t28 can someone comment on the lag of this? on a 4agze with a t28 full boost is around 4000rpm but we can run like 15psi with stock internals.a b16 with stock internals can only do 6psi which is why i understand u guys wanna run a bigger turbo

however if i do turbo a civic i want it for street application ie torque rules the street

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    a b16 on stock internals can do a whole hell of a lot more than 6 psi with good tuning. Don't know where you heard 6 psi is the limit, but it's simply not true. I wouldn't run 15, but on something like a gt28rs, etc, you'd probably be perfectly fine with 11 psi or so(topping out the stock map sensor) if you have a decent tune.

a t28 is actually what I would consider on the small side for a b16. Great if you want something with minimal lag.

imo, the best turbo(other than the vnt's that I'm still researching and such and are not really a mainstream turbo) for a street civic would be something along the lines of a gt28rs/gt2871r