Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    The non Honda
    Is fiberglass hard to use cause i wanna do a custom boot install for my suby instead of using the normal box.... Also will it still sound good

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    It sounds exactly the same... and yes its easy to use.

but VERY time consuming... took me 2 weeks (on and off) to make dual fibreglass boxes. Dont try and make 2 its ****ing hard to make them identical.

not rocket science... but i think ive read something about getting it to hold up and sit steady in the boot under driving conditions etc.
    フジタエンジニアリング

Moderator Array
    Car:
    The non Honda
    Might have to give it a go my sub is heavy in its normal box about 18-20kg's

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    Like i said i've got twin boxes in my car and i had one in there to see how it would go... nothing else to hold it but the perfect fit you get with FG and it didn't budge at all... never has... neither have my newly fitted 6x9 pods.

my twin sub boxes weigh the same as one box (same volume as one) in MDF

My whole boot install weighs about 30kgs... including subs amp boxes covers etc.

I can email you a mini tutorial i made on how to make speaker pods its basically EXACTLY the same, except a bigger scale... and i made refrence as to how they're different half way through... also theres a few sites on how to do it too. Use my tutorial and their pics and you'll have no trouble.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    Speaking of Fibre Glass if anyone can't handle it, or MDF for that matter give me a PM its what we doo...

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    once again...wat DO you do SIKCVC??

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    Boot installs?

During the week MDF sub boxes when people need them and Boot installs on weekends. Sometimes During the week depending on other comitments.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    oh and after seeing the price of speaker pods... i may be doing custom pods. But most guys can do it on there own and i'd rather save them the cash.

Be careful with the hardener compound....

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    yo mentioned in the tutorial... :P theres so many things... i paniced so much when i did my first layer hhahahaha... theres no need to rush :P

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    maybe you could post it up here as a DIY article and maybe get the mods to "archive" it for when the DIY forum's up and running.

ps. SIKCVC - do u work from home or @ a retail outlet or sumtin?? Curious..