Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury

Unhappy 2005 EURO Luxury - Hissing sound from Brakes

I know there is a topic on the clutch issue, but I have an automatic and on Saturday/Sunday I noticed a "HISSING" sound everytime I applied the brakes regardless of whether or not I am driving or standing. This sound can be heard inside the car like something is releasing compressed air.

Took it to an Authorised Dealer and was informed that it was checked and "is consistent with the make model".

Now warrant that this may be the case for an old car - which mind you, I have never experienced, but my car is only 6 months old!

My Car details as below:

Model: 2005 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Auto)
    Purchased: Sept 2005
    KM: 5,400

Have never over revved nor slammed on the brakes.

Anyone else with this issue?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Happens to mine as well. Was like this since new. It doesn't affect my braking.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Happens to mine as well. If the radio is on or loud road noise then I don't here it, but if it's quiet I do. Mine's auto as well.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    And neither one of you tried to get this rectified? Isn't it a bit odd that paying almost 50k for a car and you have this kind of issue?

I am having second thoughts about Honda's now - loved it, but maybe I should of just went for the BMW like I was told to /sigh

Hi

Depending on how loud the hissing noise is. I am sure i have heard it before and i think it is normal. I have an auto. I think the first time you depress the break, some sort of 'pressure' needed to be release and thus the sound. Now that you mentioned it i think i have heard that before, it doesn't bother me. Hard to describe the sound. It wasn't loud. Sort of like releasing pressure sound, not sharp or high pitched.

If you can, try driving another Euro to compare the level of noise.

Guzzy

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Will give my friends car a test later tonight. Let you guys know how it goes, but they have told me after I asked them that there is no sound when applying the brakes.

It's not sometimes, but everytime I step on it now.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I can only hear it if the engine is off. If I am driving normally and use the brakes, I can't hear a thing. BTW, I paid $34k

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    I hear if I am driving and that means the engine is on, but obviously not when the music is turned on though. Either way - I don't believe that this is normal or working as intended and will do whatever to get it rectified. Wasn't there when I took the test drive before I purchased it, wasn't there over the last 6 months I had it and hence I expect it not to be there for a long time yet.

Thanks all for your replies.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CK2
    ur brakes dunt like you... HIISSSSSSSS!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    I can only hear it if the engine is off. If I am driving normally and use the brakes, I can't hear a thing. BTW, I paid $34k
    Yeah but mines the luxury version with a lot of the options on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Just a guess - maybe its the ABS system depressurizing or some other hydrolic motion?
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfist
    Yeah but mines the luxury version with a lot of the options on it.
    Yeah, so mechanically it is a $34k car, while features and comfortwise, it is a $50k car.