Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    my sentiments exactly. if all u want is looks and to win "Look I'm Low" trophies at the Auto Salon then why bother with anything more than cut springs? talk about driveability and factory shockers going down the drain..

coilovers are exactly what u get for ur dollar. every possible setting, damper, height, etc.. used for both road and track and they will deliver the goods if setup correctly.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by UR2L8
    "looks= springs+ shocks
    track= coilovers"
    Thats a very dangerous thing to say Latino. I actualy have an ITR and I actualy have driven stock vs coilovers and coilovers win by far in all respects hands down. I can set up the shocks to the softest, which is softer than stock ITR suspension by about 20% for a fact. And if you want stiff as (track setup), just twist of a screw and 1 minute, and you got yourself a track car. Like I said its really upto what you want and with coilovers you can do whatever you want. Ofcource its bit more expencive but saving up and getting them, is totaly worth it.
    But it depends on what coilovers your talking about, and im comparing stock vs D2 Racing Track Coilovers.

Looks+Track+Comfort+Any ride height = Coilovers
    good point but are you're missing one of the biggest factors in that equation $$$$$$!
    I paid 80 bucks for my king springs. proud to say that coz its a good deal. you paid over 2K. which is a good price for what they are but look at the price difference.

Its horses for courses. Im happy with my current setup cose I cant outdrive it even when I try. At this stage I dont track but once I do I may look into coilovers. But if I was to never track the car I would just buy a set of koni yellows and call it a day and save $$$$$

You're also missing the point that adjustability doesnt necessarily come at the click of the fingers. You may be able to adjuts damper rebound externally but unless you can install the coilovers yourself and corner weight the car to make sure the height is balanced you're looking for extra $$$$ out of your pocket.

In any case I reckon having extra features does not necessarily make *true* coilovers the best option for everybody looking to upgrade from a stock suspension setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    YEah I will never be able to afford coilovers, my car came with king springso n it (crap i know, but still better than stock, gsi tho) so i am looking for a good shock/spring replacement. Price is a very big factor, plus i never ever go to the track, and probably never will for al ong time.

Banned Array
    Latino: 1st of all I drive an ITR and for me personaly I wanted something that was better than stock and the ability to change dampener force and ride height and so I got coilovers and I was blown away of how much they make a difference and how much smarter they were. 2nd For my car personaly, I would never waste $$$ on crap like eg: springs... its just not worth the money ever $80. The original post was about a DC2R so thats why im writing here because I speak from expirience and trying to help people. Maybe for an old civic or something, putting some aftermarket springs will make a world of a difference, but its not the case here.
    Just because people buy coilovers dosent mean nessasarily Latino, that its for track. There are coilovers out there such as mine (D2 Racing) which are yes correct for track but offer so many options that its more drivable than stock. And thats what im trying to say here. Specificly for DC2R and no other, because different cars have different setups.
    And yes coilovers might not be the best option for everybody looking to upgrade......but what I tryed to say is that its best overall for a DC2R in the long run.

be aware that a coilover set up used mainly for road use will blow faster than track.. that's simple logic... so be preapred to fork out more cash to fix em... if your concern is mainly for road use that is...

Banned Array
    Thats prety narow and general comment. It depends on so many things. How you drive, how often you drive, were you drive and the quality of the coilovers.
    I dont know why everyone is so negative towards them, and more so why everyone is so general and not talking specifics on exactly what coilovers. Maybe the people who are negative dont have them and are gelous or wish they had them and got nothing better to say but spin shit.
    Ive made my point ages ago, and somone should lock this thread or get rid off it.

not general comments comes from my own and others people's experience...

your experience with D2 coilovers = your first experience???

you need to learn to accept others people's opinions... cos guess what?? you're not always right

And I am not bagging coilovers?? i think they are great... i said look at application...

why lock the thread?? it has brought up many useful points...

i would never waste my money on "d2" :P

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    my exp with d2, blow out after 6 months of daily driving + some weekend autokana

good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    slow taxi

back form the dead

guys, it's my turn for a suspension change.

Just looking for some opinions and advice. I've got a stock setup on my DC2R at the moment. I like the ride + handling + comfort combination of it at the moment. should I get:

1) DC2R original suspension
    2) TEINS - which model?
    3) KONI - which model?
    4) any other servicable setups which doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I don't want crazy-rock-hard setups nor do i want camry-boat-like behaviour on my car. A little more stiffness will be fine. But most importantly, it will NOT lower handling performance of the stock setup. So if I were to get adjustables, can anyone setup them up for me? I don't want to adjust them myself and risk unexpected handling disasters. Price ? urmm.. well second hand stuff isn't that expensive right?? okay a figure is around the $1000 mark Just to get us started.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Hey i would have to go with type one........ if you don't bring the R to the trck....why install a coilover? Anyway type one, was quite interested in your set up.....can you pm me on how much you spent on it? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by IntegriliciouS
    has anyone put aftermarket springs on their dc2r?
    and if you have issert much better than the stocky in the categories of
    1.comfort?
    2.performace?

or didnt u notice much diff?

Cheers
    Have H&R lowered springs on my DC2R - (bought S/H from Tofu R)
    Been roading and tracking - VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!