Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HOW to bypass MAP sensor so it doesnt see boost??

hey guys

theres afew ways, but anyone know of a good way? i need to bypass the factory map sensor so it doesnt see boost, considering it was NA.

afew are, one way valves, FPR's have been adapted and apparently work well, changing voltage output i think, etc.

any other ways? just so the ECU doesnt see any, or if not, too much boost.

cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    the proper way would be to use an ecu that allows tuning with the ecu seeing boost. You don't want the ecu not to see boost, you want it to know what to do with it.

If you insist on doing it, look at something like a missing link on ebay

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    do it properly and have a pro modify yoru ecu to suit boost,

search the net and you can find all you need to do it your self if your brave enough

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    do it properly and have a pro modify yoru ecu to suit boost,

search the net and you can find all you need to do it your self if your brave enough
    it's really not that difficult to do yourself if you're at all competent with a soldering iron. Really, the hardest part of all of it is just desoldering all the holes needed.

urrrm...soo.....how? lol

just want a quick fix.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    what fual management are u currently using??

a mechnical fix is using a check valve or 'missing link'.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

just FPR and pump for now, and safc. just want it at least driveable. where can i get a check valve or missing link? will it work for now?

Couldn't you just put it on the intake side of the turbo?? That way the air wouldn't be compressed by there would be alot more air flow then normal.

Does the MAP sensor just measure Pressure?? or does it do air flow as well??

If it only does pressure you should be able to put it on the inlet side of the turbo which will give you an uncompressed reading.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    It's a Mass Air Pressure sensor, it measures pressure in the manifold.
    Its not an air flow meter, you cant relocate it before the turbo.

BKN, you need to stop being tight, and do the job properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by bkn_computers
    just FPR and pump for now, and safc. just want it at least driveable. where can i get a check valve or missing link? will it work for now?
    if you sell the fpr, pump, and safc, you could easily afford some injectors and chip the ecu with uber/crome. Even on just a basemap, it would be FAR superior to what you're trying to do now in every possible way.

If you have any questions about doing that, let me know, I'd be happy to help. Hell, I'll even make you a basemap.

If you have any more questions on using check valves/making the fpr work/making the safc work, you're on your own. I refuse to assist in someone doing the absolute worst thing you can do to a turbo honda.

Engine management is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of a turbo set up. Cut corners elsewhere, but not there.

i have my reasons. i know its not correct but i need to know how to bypass it. check valves havent done the job so far not sure how the missing links work.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    you sure you have the check valves installed correctly? there's no reason they shouldn't work if used "properly"