Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic Sport - FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA
    Full kit with rear spoiler is around $2900.

Without rear spoiler is $2200.

The reverse sensor is $995.

Bass Works is around $570.

The reverse camera system is $1795.

so if you get the full kit plus bass works for a sports your looking around

$32K onroad + bass + kit = $35,470. prices based on parra trivett.

I'd definately recommend the reverse sensors at least.......if you have more money to burn then the rear camera system.

hey guys... i just got the civic sport abt 2-3 weeks ago and still waiting for it to come but... no way did the sport cost 35K.... their base pice with on roads was already 35K... so with all those other options is more like 40K or close to.

I personally didn't get the bass works or body kit, coz the bass work is a rip off i think, coz its not even a real system juss bigger speakers with bass controller, and the body kit, doesn't realli make that much of a difference to me (maybe coz i'm a girl.. but after market would look better)

the options i got are :
    - rear spoiler
    - rear sensors (they dun have the camera as an option in Aus)
    - accent lights
    and other small stuff like tints, mats, side door visors etc etc.

this already pushed it up to 38K!!!! >.<

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 - 2006 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroBabee
    hey guys... i just got the civic sport abt 2-3 weeks ago and still waiting for it to come but... no way did the sport cost 35K.... their base pice with on roads was already 35K... so with all those other options is more like 40K or close to.

the options i got are :
    - rear spoiler
    - rear sensors (they dun have the camera as an option in Aus)
    - accent lights
    and other small stuff like tints, mats, side door visors etc etc.

this already pushed it up to 38K!!!! >.<
    You got the auto didn't you? the driveaway for that is $35k - Sorry to say but I think you got shafted with the options - should be able to bargain for less. Most dealers if they have a brain would almost certainly give you the car at cost if you pressure them hard enough. You've got to let them know that you are boss when negotiating the price.

Anyway, what color did you get and could you please post some photos!!!

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic Sport - FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by EK9_boi
    You got the auto didn't you? the driveaway for that is $35k - Sorry to say but I think you got shafted with the options - should be able to bargain for less. Most dealers if they have a brain would almost certainly give you the car at cost if you pressure them hard enough. You've got to let them know that you are boss when negotiating the price.

Anyway, what color did you get and could you please post some photos!!!

Cheers
    OoOoOpPpss.. forgot abt the auto part!! LOL i know auto is for losers but my rents paid for half the car and it was like 10000000% "NO MANUAL" so yeah, but hey 'paddle shifts' !!! .. will post pics when i get it.. which will be in 2 weeks or less? not sure yet.

oh yeah and as for the deal.. i dunno i guess i got ripped a bit.. but i fink its ok, its coz the car is still new and has a high demand.. the dealers won't back down.. if the car had been out for longer it would be easier to haggle.. oh well wots done is done!

btw i got black with grey interior, alwyas wanted a black car.. finaly got one

although the 'silver moss' (the darker silver) was tempting coz it came with the nicer interior colour (blue and white... it looks better than it sounds)
    Last edited by EuroBabee; 21-04-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 - 2006 Civic Sport
    OoOoOpPpss.. forgot abt the auto part!! LOL i know auto is for losers but my rents paid for half the car and it was like 10000000% "NO MANUAL" so yeah, but hey 'paddle shifts' !!! .. will post pics when i get it.. which will be in 2 weeks or less? not sure yet.

oh yeah and as for the deal.. i dunno i guess i got ripped a bit.. but i fink its ok, its coz the car is still new and has a high demand.. the dealers won't back down.. if the car had been out for longer it would be easier to haggle.. oh well wots done is done!

btw i got black with grey interior, alwyas wanted a black car.. finaly got one

although the 'silver moss' (the darker silver) was tempting coz it came with the nicer interior colour (blue and white... it looks better than it sounds)
    Nah, autos ain't for losers - it's just personal preference - some jokers just like to impose on others that it is. I like manual but my gf can't drive one so I'll be glad to get an auto just because I love her.

Ilike black but I think I'll choose a white one, cos with black you know you'll be FOREVER cleaning your car!

Silver moss isn't dark enough for me, and the blue really sucks - they need a darker blue (navy) and they also need a proper type R yellow of all the fanboys out there.

As for the deal, I think you could gave pressed for more - did you try any other dealers?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new car - I'll be looking foward to the photos when you post them.

cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic Sport - FD2
    hehehe i totally agree about the colours; the silver moss aint dark enough and the blue sux ass!!! they do need that dark bluey-grey colour (graphite) they have for the euro.

as for the dealers, only went to one (larke hoskins).. we bought our euro there before so they gave us freebies like paint and leather protection etc. but yeah rents dun have enough time to look around with me :P

nice to know u dun fink auto is for losers

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 - 2006 Civic Sport
    hehehe i totally agree about the colours; the silver moss aint dark enough and the blue sux ass!!! they do need that dark bluey-grey colour (graphite) they have for the euro.

as for the dealers, only went to one (larke hoskins).. we bought our euro there before so they gave us freebies like paint and leather protection etc. but yeah rents dun have enough time to look around with me :P

nice to know u dun fink auto is for losers

Tell you what, I think Honda's reserving a few good colors for a Type R or Type S version - like they ALWAYS do for special editions of a model.

Paint protection and all that ain't worth it - just wash your car 1/wk and polish it 1/every 2 months and it'll all be good! I'd rather they gave me the bodykit instead.

When I go to the dealer, I"ll be hammering the sales for the bodykit for less than $2k at least or else I may as well get teh Mugen one for about $2.4k painted!

As for the spoiler, I can see the Mugen wing on mine when I get it. I'll be building a "poser" - can't get too carried away now that I'm attached. If I were, I would get teh ITR (DC2) instead and hardcore tune it with my budget!

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I was thinking about the accent lights.. how much are they in Aus? I thought it looked kinda corny (no offence!) because I'd rather buy neon light things on the outside, but then that's not allowed... Maybe if I saw it in the flesh I would've liked it more than the picture the dealer showed me.

Btw, that's really nice of you EK9_boi to think of your gf when picking a car At least Honda makes great automatic transmissions!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 - 2006 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe
    I was thinking about the accent lights.. how much are they in Aus? I thought it looked kinda corny (no offence!) because I'd rather buy neon light things on the outside, but then that's not allowed... Maybe if I saw it in the flesh I would've liked it more than the picture the dealer showed me.

Btw, that's really nice of you EK9_boi to think of your gf when picking a car At least Honda makes great automatic transmissions!
    Thanks JaCe, my gf's better than an angel!

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by EK9_boi
    I like manual but my gf can't drive one so I'll be glad to get an auto just because I love her.
    please don't flame me for this as i'm semi-joking... BUT... if you're *girlfriend* loved you then she'd learn manual then you'd have the best of both worlds! A gf that loves you annnnnd a manual car!

Maybe this kind of thinking style is why I'm still single hahaha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic Sport - FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe
    The lights cost me about $400-500, but i got it as a freebie i also thought the dealer picture looked corny but i cbf'd to buy neons and get them installed.. hehe i'm just lazy.... i'll post a picture of the lights when i get the car

*EK9_boi : hehehe i was also looking at the mugen kit... very niiiiiiiiiice*

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Yep please do! I'm in a ... phase of regret from not getting those lights. After realising how hard it is to get them done (legally), I probably should've... but then at that price (assuming no negotiation), it seems a bit pricey.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic Sport - FD2
    LOL sorry I took so long to check up on this forum agen.. been busy

aniwho, about those accent lights, they are pretty corny >.< LOL they are really low intensity, and they can only be turned on if ur headlights are on, which i dun have a rpoblem with since u can only see it in the dark. but yeah i'll try and get a good photo now.. the photos i have taken so far realli dun show anything LOL