Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc4 teg!

cat back exhaust too loud on integra

Hey guys i've got a integra 98 gsi. I changed the cat back piping on the car to mandrel bent 2.25", with a 4 inch tip muffler.

Now, the problem. The cat back exhaust setup is farrrken loud and it shits me. I NOW want my noise level to be at stock. So now I'm going to take off my cannon.

My question is, with the 2.25 inch piping, and putting my STOCK muffler back on, will the noise level be loud? or a BIT louder then stock? ppl have told me, it will be fine, and NO WHERE NEAR loud like a cannon. So basically the noise will be just a bit louder then stock...

Anyone had done this before? or can give me any recommendations on what the noise will be like with the 2.25" pipe and stock muffler?

OR

Am i just better off putting the ORIGINAL pipe back on with my stock muffler.
    I just want to save time and hassle for me and the mechanics. So whats my best bet...

I know there is like resonators, hot dogs, and silencers, but really, i just want a quiet and smooth ride.

Thanks guys! let me know what ya think!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Why not just put another resonator in? 2 resonators and a cannon shouldn't be too loud, it will fire up when you plant your foot but cruising it should be rather quiet..
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    i got resonators in my with a canon at rear at it sounds fine
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    dc4 teg!
    hmm ok guys, i dont want a resonator, mainly because if its not the right noise level then it gets all fussy and i cant afford to waste time. Basically i want a STOCK noise level. So can anyone confirm.

My question is, with the 2.25 inch piping, and putting my STOCK muffler back on, will the noise level be loud? or a BIT louder then stock? ppl have told me, it will be fine, and NO WHERE NEAR loud like a cannon. So basically the noise will be just a bit louder then stock...

Anyone had done this before? or can give me any recommendations on what the noise will be like with the 2.25" pipe and stock muffler?

OR

Am i just better off putting the ORIGINAL pipe back on with my stock muffler.
    I just want to save time and hassle for me and the mechanics. So whats my best bet..

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    put on stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    How about changing your muffler and keep the axle back? or keep the muffler and change the axle back, it works somehow though

Member Array
    Car:
    dc4 teg!
    hey guys, can you please kinda answer my question.
    i mean if I put the STOCK muffler back on the 2.25" pipe, will the noise level of the acceleration be loud? or just a bit louder compared to the stock pipe?

I believe the original piping is 1.78inch or something. I have 2.25inch piping.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    The size of the pipe doesnt effect the DB leven of the exhaust by much if at all
    its all in the mufflers
    I used to have 2 1/4" exhaust then changed to 2 1/2" differnet muffler and it was quieter

the 4" muffler/cannon/tip you have is what will be making all the noise
    so therefor it may be a little londer then stock set up if you put your stock muffler back on
    but you will be sacraficing performance by restriction the flow in your stock mufflers then your whole exhaust system is a waste
    Last edited by SKREMN; 26-03-2006 at 10:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc4 teg!
    SKREMN: thanks for your reply.
    performance to me atm doesn't matter at all. I just want a ride thats going to get me back and forth. Hmmm by since yo mentioned it, how much performance depreciates?

Btw, do you think i should just take off the cannon or the whole catback and put the original back on?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 + EK
    umm....i think you got 2 main options....sell the exhaust and find one from a dc2R cos that will still be quiet but have much better flow because if you start changing diameters biggger and smaller you will lose any gains a larger exhaust brings as well as potentially damaging youe engine......so either get a new muffler or a catback from an R.....

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    you gotta remember that even if you put your oringial muffler back on, you still don't ahve a middle muffler/resonator not he new pipe, so it will be louder than stock.

If you want a stock sound put the phuckin stock system on. Is that too hard to figure out. If you want more performance your gonna have to sacrafice noise level.

Its that simple.

Do you udnerstand now???