[EURO] Rims; deepest offset possible for new rims?

Hi all,

OK I'm beginning to settle on the following rims which have some other options that require one to have bigger offsets. On the 17"x8.0 s I'm looking at there are at least two models with offsets as high as +57 and +64. It lists the higher offset for a model called "Deep Rim" and I'm not sure how these look compared to the usual since I don't know Japanese and can't understand the brochure beyond the superficial stuff (and sometimes helpful English).

So is an offset of +57 or +64 too high for a Euro? This rim has two offsets for each rim and I'm assuming that because these are two piece rims that they are fully reversible giving two different offsets depending on which side you attach it. There is a +45 (48) model which seems as if you could mount it either way in case you got the lip scratched etc. I'm not sure which one to select but I like the way the model in the picture looks where the spokes go out to the edge of the rim.

Anyhow I did a photochop of the rims I like onto a picture of my car to show what they might look like provided I can choose the right ones from the table.

The PDF file can be downloaded from...

http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/index/xs2/xs2.pdf

Any help is appreciated.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Moving to Suspension / Handling..
    To help with the Technical Replies... Euros run +55 offset....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Zuiko the higher the offset the closer the wheel sits into the wheel well. If you go TOO high - like +57 ot +64 I think you seriously risk not clearing the calipers with the rims (or suspension components). A lot of this depends on the wheel design.

have a play with this

see how the inner clearance changes depending on offset - if you go up in wheel width but also keep a high (or go higher) offset - you REDUCE inner clearance! So be careful.

Personally I would go 7.5 in a +48 or +45. It is a tried and tested size in 17" (I have them in +48) and you are unlikely to have any clearance issues as it is 1mm more than stock.

If you go with a +64 look at the clearance reduction - 22mm - now those spokes will definately hit the calipers

ps You need to get that table translated before you committ as it doesn't make a lot of sense with all the Japanese.

pps why not go with 18"?
    Last edited by yfin; 29-03-2006 at 03:21 AM.

hey zuiko ,

u could go to here to check it out by urself which l found in currently and has been put into the sticky of suspension /handling forum of Ozhonda.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54249

this website called the wheel and tyre bible ,

hopefully couold help u in the offset problems....

cheers
    Yo~~! Vtec go ! go ! go !

Check this :

Garage Sales ( Brand New items ) For sale : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83889