Page 60 of 153 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370110 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Just got my re001 in 195/50R15 fitted yesterday, got it from Bob Jane for $129 afterall as they do price matching ( a big come down from $144 b4, and they reckon there is no profit in tyres! ).

They are made in Japan. I think the Aust made ones would be in sizes for the commodores esp the VE range where the sizes are a bit odd by world standards and hence the local manufacturing of such sizes.

Will give some feedback on them as well as the S drive once we have done 2-3 tanks worth of fuel on them.
    Last edited by EG30; 07-06-2007 at 07:02 PM.

so comparing to the potenza G3 .. is it similar gripping style ? or re 001 is better ? because G3 for 15's are around 130.. and it says re 001 are replacing G3's ... correct me if im worng thank you

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Still too new to tell as tyres aren't worn it yet. At the moment the steering is very light and turn in is vague. I'll be surprised if the re001 has a style that is much different to the G3. I have had different sets of Potenzas in diff sets starting from the RE71 days, then the S01 ( now defunct Expedia series instead of the Potenzas), S02, RE710, RE711, RE050 and now the RE001 and they have a common trait of good preditable turn in though never the sharpest in the business, sidewall nice and strong laterally ( helps a lot when you have a narrowish rim with a wide tyre ) but never too rigid and of course good grip in all conditions. Most importanly to me is the linear drop off of grip over time and noise wise they were all pretty good when new and gradually gets a bit worse as they tyre wears. They might not be as comfortable and quiet as a set of Michelins but usually far bit cheaper and more absolute grip.

The G3 has a lot of tread lateral flex at full tread depth which dimishes as the tread wears down and has a distinct tread clatter noise. The RE001 is more closely related to the RE01/R model ( which was never offically brought into the country by bridgestone Aust ) than the G3 so if you are happy with G3 you'll be very very happy with the re001; esp when they are selling the re001 at G3 prices!

dont you worry i will get a pair at the rear.. and ad07 at the front see how it goes

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    i actually used to run ad07 at the front with g3 at the back with rear damper set stiffer and the balance felt great with good turn in feel
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    if you want full sick performance, Nankang NS Sports II is the go.
    Toda Built D-SERIES Fo LiFe!

Civic + Chromies + D-series + Turbo = Subwoofer Sick

My kill list:
    GTR's, STi's,V8 commo's, TT Supra's, R1 Bikes, F1 Cars AND JDM-70Y. I don't need no timeslip YO!

atm i got g3 at the back ... but its worning out.. wanna try new re001 .. but i think it work out great

-= MR HONDA =- Array
    Car:
    -= MR HNDA =-
    i have to say that the RE001 holds up very well in wet weather (very impressed). and wen i get a chance i will write down wat is says on the sidewall of d tyre and post it up.
    MR HONDA
    honda parts garage sale has arrived ....check out the parts for sale thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...g-must-go-ASAP

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    How much did you pay ROCKET? size? Planning to get some this week.

-= MR HONDA =- Array
    Car:
    -= MR HNDA =-
    guys mine are made in japan and i paid $129 for each tyre fitted and balanced
    size 195 50 r15
    MR HONDA
    honda parts garage sale has arrived ....check out the parts for sale thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...g-must-go-ASAP

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Sweet, my friends and i should be getting a few sets this week. Was originally going to stick with T1R but these seems to be a very good price.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Done about 300Kms so far on my Re001 ( 195/50R15 ) now, so far so very very good. It's wearing in very nicely and feels like not far off its max grip potential. I've done about the same about of Kms on the S drive on the DC2R and that set of tyres are still skittish around corners and you can still see the tyre tread pimples are still intact. More on the S drives on another post.

Compared to my prev set of BF Goodrich G Force sport which I have been very happy with, the on centre feel is already firmer and more postive, and the lateral grip as you turn in builds up sooner and in a more linear fashion. Reminds me of the Yokohama AVS 161 I had some 13 years ago in terms of turn in feel. As you could see in the pic below, the RE001 is a lot more radical then the G force sport ( tyre only without wheel mounted thus looks fatter )with its asymmetrical tread pattern which must be one of the 1st of such designs from Bridgestone's general road tyre range ( the RE55s and the RE070are asymmetrical as well ).

These tyres however aren't directional so they make one tyre to be fitted on the left and right hand side of the tyre like the old Yokohama A008s and AVSs with "outside" and "inside" printed on the sidewalls. So when you look at both left and right tyres front/rear on the outer tread patterns aren't mirror image of each other ie on one side the tread flicks down and flicks up on the other. I'm sure this won't hamper its performance, just a matter of different aesthetics.

On the downside this tyre is noisier than the the G force sport, esp around 70-80Km/h range where you get noticeable tyre rumble and when you slow down under brakes from 60Km/h to 20Km/h where it howls. I'm suspecting the inner tread/vertical grooves to be the culprit. No where near as bad as say the old Goodyear Eagle F1 at this stage, the noise sounds more like the Continental CSC2 at half tread depth.

Haven't driven in the wet as yet.

If this tyre sells for close to $200 like the highly refined Michelin Precedas I would say there would be other tyres that are pretty close in performance for $50 a tyre less.....But for $129 on special at the moment it has to be the bargain of the year! Let's not forget in the same Bridgestone tyre centre catalogue they are selling the bunky supercats in 205/65R15 for Falcons and Commodores for $99.
    Last edited by EG30; 13-06-2007 at 02:39 AM.