Page 148 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,765 to 1,776 of 1833
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    What is ur comment on the re002 in terms of quality I read somewhere in this forum that Tyres made in Thai or indo isn't as good quality as made in Jap and what's what I'm worried about for these.

That's y I'm also looking at ones like s001 which is made in jap what would the grip difference be by much?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    What size?

Maxxis from my experience is terribly noisy
    LOL i suppose that's important.

215/45/R17
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Anyone have experience with Dunlop sport max tt or the michelin pilot super sport? How's their performance and side wall. And is the re002's sidewall similar to the s001 or stiffer?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    How are Champiro tyres? My brother-in-law put them on our car for $100/ea bragging they were the best tyre on the market. Just wondering if they really are or he just bunged some cheapies on there for slightly cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by an93l View Post
    What is ur comment on the re002 in terms of quality I read somewhere in this forum that Tyres made in Thai or indo isn't as good quality as made in Jap and what's what I'm worried about for these.

That's y I'm also looking at ones like s001 which is made in jap what would the grip difference be by much?
    Hi bro, I didn't take notice where they were made...

There might be slight compound difference but you'll find the comments are made I think for RE001s and from different cars, the RE001/002 don't feel as flash on heavier cars [This is what I've seen and heard on the Toyota forums I was on] compared to the lighter cars, the Corolla/Celica guys loved them while the Camry/Aurion guys complained that it wore out faster and I think slightly harsh?
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 16-01-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic GLi
    Hey guys, just wanted your opinion on something.

Currently just got a set of wheels (15x8 +25) for my Civic. I'm thinking about going 185/55R15's for these babies. I know there will be stretch (Looking for a nice, decent, stretch, but nothing to crazy). Just wondering if you guys think this is TO much stretch.

Cheers!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah I think it's too much. 195 on 8" is pretty good. 185 though I doubt there's many tyre options for 15" diameter that would give you a strong enough side wall.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 FD2
    Hey guys,

Looking for new tyres for my 2006 Civic. I've currently got stock alloys on them, so looking for 205/55/R16's.

Honestly I don't see myself keeping the car for more than 5-7 years. Will probably only drive up to another 60,000 kms over the next 7 years.

What tyres would you guys recommend? Looking for a good compromise between performance/noise etc. for my everyday drive that would last me until I get rid of the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpire View Post
    Hey guys,

Looking for new tyres for my 2006 Civic. I've currently got stock alloys on them, so looking for 205/55/R16's.

Honestly I don't see myself keeping the car for more than 5-7 years. Will probably only drive up to another 60,000 kms over the next 7 years.

What tyres would you guys recommend? Looking for a good compromise between performance/noise etc. for my everyday drive that would last me until I get rid of the car.
    You do know that this is the tyre recommendation thread, not the recommend me a tyre thread, right? Have you back read the thread?

Does a tyre that would be quiet and have performance, and be able to last 60,000km even exist?
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    hey guys!

im looking to get an extra set of wheels for my track days, I am completely clueless about this so need a helping hand
    I've always used my stock 15's (DC2R) for track days running on RE001's

I'm about to purchase a set of wheels
    sizing: 16x8 (2) & 16x9 (2)

I'm looking at getting semi-slicks for them as I might 'occassionally' take them out on street as well for meets and what not
    What tyre do yous recommend and what sizing?

sorry for my noobness guys
    Thanks!
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by chinx_4eva View Post
    hey guys!

im looking to get an extra set of wheels for my track days, I am completely clueless about this so need a helping hand
    I've always used my stock 15's (DC2R) for track days running on RE001's

I'm about to purchase a set of wheels
    sizing: 16x8 (2) & 16x9 (2)

I'm looking at getting semi-slicks for them as I might 'occassionally' take them out on street as well for meets and what not
    What tyre do yous recommend and what sizing?

sorry for my noobness guys
    Thanks!
    Honestly I'd recommend you not buy those wheels. 16" tyre choice is quite poor. The only tyre you have a hope of getting under the car without a lot of guard mods is a 225/45R16 on the 16x9, and even that is outside the manufacturers recommended rim width for that tyre and will be 'stretched'. You could fit a 225/45R16 to the 16x8 too, or perhaps a 215/45. Anything less than that will also be stretched. Also availability of those sizes is very limited.

What offset are the wheels you are looking to buy?

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Hey guys I'm thinking about buying two new front tires as mine are beginning to ware out, I know close to nothing about tires other then the fact that my ones at the moment are SAILUM brand 215/40/17.

What kind of tires should I be looking for? What sizes, brand ect.
    I'd like tires that I could maybe one day take to the tracks but most of the time it'll be for street use, sometimes turning corners fast ect.
    I'd like the price to be as low as possible but I guess you pay for what you get.

Btw my car is an EP3