Page 129 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2979119126127128129130131132139 ... LastLast
Results 1,537 to 1,548 of 1833
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    I can't recommend them (yet), but I'm in the process of researching .......................... filler according to BFG), and I've found them to be a very good tyre, but alas they have very little tread left as they approach only 15,000km (not quite illegal yet).
    Thanks for the information. Good food for thought.

If the Federal one has two plies sidewall, it will probably be 2 steels....

I have yet to see a tyre with two different material plies sidewall, whether it is steel, rayon or poly-based.....This is because the bundle will not expand properly under heat as the thermal capacity of these material various considerably....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1! Black warriorrrrrrrr
    Quick question guys,

im currently using Kumho Ecsta KU31 195/55/15s..on coilovers

what i i have noticed is significant scrubbing on full lock and when going over bad bumps...

would that be due to the over sized profile? i mean im not even that low, factory settings to be correct.

my initial reaction was to change to 195/50/15's..

would that correct the issue?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    I grabbed a set of 17" 205/40 Kumho Ecstas SPT(KU31?) for $120 a tyre, balance and fitted. Got no complaints for the tyres yet...

Got it from 7day Tyres at Parra rd, nice people over there, even stayed back an hour so i could make it there after work.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Quote Originally Posted by slidetaker View Post
    If the Federal one has two plies sidewall, it will probably be 2 steels....
    In my 'research' I've found reference to the Federal ss535 having steel reinforced sidewall plies, but there seems to be no direct mention of this on the Federal website.

Quote Originally Posted by slidetaker View Post
    I have yet to see a tyre with two different material plies sidewall, whether it is steel, rayon or poly-based.....This is because the bundle will not expand properly under heat as the thermal capacity of these material various considerably....
    How does this work for the various belts of differing material that exist in the tread?

I've never come across steel sidewall plies before, so this is new to me. I suppose I'd have come across this earlier if I'd ever been involved with off-road stuff, where it seems more common...

I do wonder what exactly might be meant by 'steel sidewall ply'. Complete sidewall plies that stretch bead to bead in the manner of the more usual fabric sidewall plies? Or just some partial inserts of some description?
    Last edited by JohnL; 05-07-2009 at 10:40 PM.

In my 'research' I've found reference to the Federal ss535 having steel reinforced sidewall plies, but there seems to be no direct mention of this on the Federal ...........the more usual fabric sidewall plies? Or just some partial inserts of some description?
    The reinforced sidewall construction has the primary aim of carrying additional load. Some sizes of a tyre have a symbol of “ET” for extra load. This is more relevant for off-road tyres because there are occasions when the vehicle tilts enough for the sidewalls of the tyres on one-side to start carrying some loads. I am guessing the reinforcement will be running vertical from bead to shoulder. Whether they are in lining, mesh or bundle, I have no idea.

The tread plies that consist of different materials form lining layers between treads and steel belts. There are more separations between them than bundling up and casting in even spacing with the rubber in the sidewall.

There is huge difference in construction between an outback terrain tyre and a normal road tyre. Imagine dropping the air pressure to gain tread area while asking the sidewall to take more and more load…….

I can't recommend them (yet), but I'm in the process of researching budget challenged tyres and have whittled it down to either Federal SS535 or Accelera Alpha in 205/55/15. So, if anyone has any experience with these I'd like to hear it...
    RE001s...LOL

The only Federals I'd touch are the 595s...
    MFactory Competition Products

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra Type R
    i just purchased potenza adrenalins 205 45 16 for $207 per tyre... pretty good deal considering other places were offering 230 etc...

got it from bridgestone at five dock nsw

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    re001s or re050a is the ony tyre i would use maybe some advans neovas
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    The only Federals I'd touch are the 595s...
    I ran across an old (2007) discussion on a Phillipino car site between some people racing in a control tyre class ("Phil Touring Car Championships"). This class was apparently using the Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 as a control tyre, but this was then changed to the Federal SS535 (and then later to the SS595).

Comparisons in this discussion between the two tyres are very favourable toward the Federal tyre, with the SS535 initially reported as being 1 or 2 seconds off the Advan Neova AD07 lap times, then some racers actually matching the Advan Neova AD07 times...

Considering what the Advan Neova AD07 is supposed to be ("extreme performance", "Original Equipment on the Lotus Elise" etc), and that the SS535 is a very 'economically' priced tyre with supposedly a relatively hard rubber compound, this seems tom be an exceptionally impressive performance from the Federal SS535...

The discussion can be found here:

http://www.autoindustriya.com/talkbo...;topic=23554.0

And here:

http://www.autoindustriya.com/talkbo...;topic=25013.0
    Last edited by JohnL; 08-07-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    ku36 215/45/16 $150 each delivered from option one!!!
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

how did you find the KU36??
    I wanna know how grippy they are compared to RT615 and RE001?
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    Before i call up areas

anyone know any good semi slicks for 205/50/15??

brand and price?