Page 134 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3484124131132133134135136137144 ... LastLast
Results 1,597 to 1,608 of 1833
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    hmmm
    I'm trying the KU36 at the moment, waiting for delivery.

Will let u know how i go. The AU stock of RE001 were too expensive for me $230 each tyre
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3
    Any recommendations on 205/45/17 and 205/40/17 ??

Mainly looking for longetivity, everyday use not tracked.

Currently using T1R, anything better than that in terms of longetivity?

^ i say S Drive, not a fan of toyo myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jks24 View Post
    i purchased bridgestone potenzas RE001 yesterday for $520 for a set of four all fitted balanced and valves etc.

This is the first time I have purchased a performance orientated tyre. So far they seem awsome
    Hey care to share where you got them for that price? Im in brissy too so yeah!

Btw guys, when comparing re001's and ku36's which tyre is more grippy? and which one lasts longer?

Ku36 is more grippy but re001 lasts longer..
    i will def go for re001,never regret getting top bridgestone tyres

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by 89lude View Post
    Hey care to share where you got them for that price? Im in brissy too so yeah!

Btw guys, when comparing re001's and ku36's which tyre is more grippy? and which one lasts longer?
    ku36 is more of a semi slick and hence more dry grip. I know though that they are shit for wear and apparently very ordinary in the wet.

I think the re001 is a better "all rounder" hence why I went with them

Member Array
    Car:
    fd1
    If you are doing light track work then go the ku36 as long as its not circuit based and you dont hammer your tyres with consistant high heat cycles. I.e hill climbs/ sprints/ motorkhanas etc.

If you are doing entry level circuit work go the re001.

If you are doing anything other than entry level, just get a new set of rims and put on a set of semi slicks and save yourself a head ache :P
    2012 BMW S1000rr - 184whp, 9.733s @ 148.27mph - Quick enough!
    2006 Honda Civic - 101whp, 61s BBGL Short - When I need a bbt.

Member Array
    Car:
    97EK1 and 95GQ
    LOL RE001 and KU36/any other soft compound large treadblock tyre are in completely different leagues. My girlfriends mother has RE001's on her Lancer wagon because they were recommended by the Bridgestone guy to be a "general use tyre" i looked forward to my first set and after having them for a week i hated them, felt like it was going to lose grip in the dry heaps earlyer than the RT615, they would squeal when driven hard and i found them aesthetically unappealing, the only time they were OK was in the wet i found. I think I'm the only person who existence that does not like them, but i am comparing them to RT615's and AD07's so my standards are a little higher i guess with the long life and smaller treadblock design you expect this kind of stuff, i guess they would make a good daily driver tyre though.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    no, ur not only one that hates them, im in ur boat too .. and i found they are terrible in the wet lol

Quote Originally Posted by rk 86 wa View Post
    If you are doing light track work then go the ku36 as long as its not circuit based and you dont hammer your tyres with consistant high heat cycles. I.e hill climbs/ sprints/ motorkhanas etc.

If you are doing entry level circuit work go the re001.

If you are doing anything other than entry level, just get a new set of rims and put on a set of semi slicks and save yourself a head ache :P

so ku36's arent suited for hill climbs or they are? just not sure which statement your examples were directed at.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    If im buying the RE001 what sizes would i put on the OEM wheels? and do they come in that size!

and also if i was buying the KU36's what sizes would i put on the oem wheels aswell
    thanks if anyone can answer im clueless

S2000 AP1 OEM RIMS BTW

Quote Originally Posted by RR-04-RR View Post
    not too sure if this is an issue for you

but getting a smaller profile tyre will firstly put out your speedo (maybe a couple of kms)

and with more revolutions of the tyres being smaller profile.. you are doing more cluster kms than orignial kms

if you can get thr R1R in standard type r size.. do that

but hope that helps you in anway
    If you go one size wider (i.e 195 > 205) and step down on the side wall (i.e 55 > 50) then the tyre size will be very similar. Depending on the model/brand of tyre you go for, the size might be exactly the same, but either way, well within the allowed limits.