Page 103 of 153 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 1833
    I wouldn't read too much into UTQC's. My old RE050's had a rating of 140 yet they lasted me 45k km. (a lot of highway driving though).

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into UTQC's. My old RE050's had a rating of 140 yet they lasted me 45k km. (a lot of highway driving though).
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    yep... believe me they are very grippy

had mine for a couple thousand so far and they are wearing well. Two things to remember are, what aaron said, and that the contact patch is quite large meaning at any given time there's probably more rubber on the road therefore the whole tyre wears at a slower rate. Do a wiki search on the rating system and you'll realised who loose the definations are, with manufacturers submitting the ratings for the American market primarily.

ps. a while ago I had Yokohama ES100's with a wear rating of 280, these wore kinda fast, a bit faster than Bridgestone RE001's which are 220.

cant agree more with you guys there about the tread wear rating, good to see there are ppl on this forum judging tyre life based on past experiences rather than blindly believe the TRW printed on the tyrewalls.

I'll post up pics of a set of RE711 I bought some 5 years back that has done over 90,000kms and yet has some 10,000kms left in them. Dont forget when the tyres are gripping well there is no abnormal wear, a sliding rock hard tyre wears fast. Not surprised about the ES100, after 2-3 years even with over 50% tread depth they become rock hard.
    Last edited by EG30; 16-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    yep... believe me they are very grippy

had mine for a couple thousand so far and they are wearing well. Two things to remember are, what aaron said, and that the contact patch is quite large meaning at any given time there's probably more rubber on the road therefore the whole tyre wears at a slower rate.

ps. a while ago I had Yokohama ES100's with a wear rating of 280, these wore kinda fast, a bit faster than Bridgestone RE001's which are 220.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    hmm. Thanks for the advice, starting to question the treadwear ratings thats for sure. I have been very unimpressed with how my T1r's have worn - the outside edge is almost bald, yet there is a solid ~3mm in the middle and inner edge.

If it was dodgy pressure, they should have worn more on both the outside and inside edge (assuming pressure was too low) or in the middle (if it was too high), so I can only assume I need to drive a little more sedately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    hmm. Thanks for the advice, starting to question the treadwear ratings thats for sure. I have been very unimpressed with how my T1r's have worn - the outside edge is almost bald, yet there is a solid ~3mm in the middle and inner edge.

If it was dodgy pressure, they should have worn more on both the outside and inside edge (assuming pressure was too low) or in the middle (if it was too high), so I can only assume I need to drive a little more sedately.
    my set came on about this time last year.

haven't been rotated yet, hence Bludger/mrlazy

rears still 90%+
    fronts 50%+
    very even wear, no camber wear at all

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    my set came on about this time last year.

haven't been rotated yet, hence Bludger/mrlazy

rears still 90%+
    fronts 50%+
    very even wear, no camber wear at all
    how many k's have you done?

and how hard do you drive?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

Looks like you have been driving hard on a tyre with lower than normal pressure and soft suspension? What tyre pressure are you using?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Looks like you have been driving hard on a tyre with lower than normal pressure and soft suspension? What tyre pressure are you using?
    250kpa. i guess i drive hard sometimes - although i didnt think i drove hard enough to induce this sort of wear, this quickly (that being said i have nothing on which to base this)

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    that sort of wear usual.

i would check the wheel align settings, may be you have positive camber on that wheel, and possibly with excessive toe on top of that.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    that sort of wear usual.

i would check the wheel align settings, may be you have positive camber on that wheel, and possibly with excessive toe on top of that.
    yeah i had some issues with the business i bought them from, initially. one side on the front was wearing remarkably more quickly than the other.

they blamed this on the fact that roundabouts are always entered the same way and this can cause excess wear.

now, thanks to the intial wear pattern, theyve continued to wear unevenly and 2 are now due for replacement. bah

how many k's have you done?

and how hard do you drive?
    between 10k - 15k (don't keep a record of these things)
    I never launch 1st gear, but i chirp 2nd a lot of the time when i do drive hard.

maybe 50% hard driving and 50% normal driving. again, i never keep an eye on these things, I just enjoy.

btw, my tire pressure is always on 38psi, front & rear.
    cusco zero2 spring rate f8 r6..... front setting 3, rear setting 2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    yeah i had some issues with the business i bought them from, initially. one side on the front was wearing remarkably more quickly than the other.

they blamed this on the fact that roundabouts are always entered the same way and this can cause excess wear.

now, thanks to the intial wear pattern, theyve continued to wear unevenly and 2 are now due for replacement. bah
    When was the last time you did an alignment on your car?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    When was the last time you did an alignment on your car?

ive deadset had about a thousand alignments - done probly 7500-10 000kms since ive bought the tyres and ive had 4 alignments since