Page 11 of 153 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muli
    what are ppls thoughts on Falken Ze-326, i can get 195/50/15 for $95 each
    theres been a couple reviews of that tyre somewhere in this thread already.

I would stear clear of the Ziex series. I used to have the ziex 502 and they were absolutely attrocious in the wet. (Perhaps ok for a light car - were ok on my old 3rd gen civic) but any car that's a bit heavier, wouldn't touch them. I mean the tread seriously lasts forever, (40,000km on my set and still heaps of tread until I decided couldn't take the bad handling anymore - this was in my teg) but as soon as there was any slight amount of water on the road, was slipping and sliding all over the place. Aqua planed many a time with this tread on.

Cheers,
    Q.
    blah blah blah

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    the cars got potenza 040 185/55/15 and i cant say these dont aqua-plane, they do but i always thought if it does start sliding around then your going too fast in the first place

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by [ slayer ]
    hankook k104 205/45/r16 87y

got these recently when i bought my new rims. tested them out really well yesterday on private twisty roads with mix of wet and dry... and omg these rock! on the street they are sensational too!

highly recommend these! and for just under $200 each i think they are the best change to my car i've done so far
    I'm running these exact same tyres too atm, no problems wet or dry, car feels planted and not slippy...
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muli
    the cars got potenza 040 185/55/15 and i cant say these dont aqua-plane, they do but i always thought if it does start sliding around then your going too fast in the first place
    LOL. I used to aqua plane with the Ziex tyres on the car when I was doing the speed limit, ie 70 or 80. I'd expect the potenzas you have the handle better than the ziex.

depends on what you want....cheaper tyres, or something that handles well, or something in the middle. Personally I don't care if I spend more on tyres if it saves me on the streets.
    blah blah blah

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Hey dudes!

I just bought a set of Pirelli Dragons... Was wondering if they have good wear rates....

Anyone here used them before?

Thanks!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

hey!!!!!!!!!! i just got ,,,,,well put it this way, i was ment to get 4 potenza g3's but something happened so i ended up getting g3's on the back, and marangoni zeta linea on the front!!! and damn boy!! they are supurb!!!!!!!!!!1 absolulty amazing, apprently they have best grip and amazing wear rates as well so thats a plus, car feels soooo much better, no wheel spin on any gears, then the previous crappy kumos i had,

has anyone else got or had marangoni's?! this is first time i had heard of them, but the guy at mathews highly recommended them and gave me good deal. I was a lil sceptical, but i just got back, went to marangoni website and there is a pic of a CTR so i'm happy =D
    http://www.marangoni.com/default.asp?L=3&sito=11

Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Hey dudes!

I just bought a set of Pirelli Dragons... Was wondering if they have good wear rates....

Anyone here used them before?

Thanks!
    Wear rate of the tyre can be known by looking at the "TREADWEAR" on the sidewall of the tyre.....usually there are "TREADWEAR","TEMPERATURE" and "TRACTION".....personally anything between 180 to 240 TREADWEAR is average wear rate.....

i have a spare set of LS teg rims on my civic as a get around wheels - with dead rubber. I want to get some nicer rubber for everyday driving and some hooning inbetween - what should i be looking at in the 195x60x14 range ?!?
    I could grab some cheap Azenis RT-215 in 195x60 - not bad for road use but how long would these last ?
    Or - what else is there in the 14 inch range ?

Member Array
    Car:
    2CD and 3DG
    i got quotes for 195/50/15 for good years eagle f1(made in germany), yokohama c-drive and bfg g-sports. was wondering whats the best out of the 3??...or what order would u guyz recommend them

running toyo tpg. 205/50/15. rims are 15x7. i must say they are better than i expected. fair price.

the tread grips well to the road in dry and i feel i can brake later than b4 for the same distance or i dont have to press as hard on the brakes to get the same result. corners i can take alot harder and hugs the corner alot better without signs of sliding or major understeer.

also quiet tyres. no noise that i can notice and thats going quite hard around corners.

ran track for a day .. 30+ laps. in the wet they held ok. but wasnt that special,.. but on dry they keep up nice in high speeds (rpm around red line most of the time) started to lose abit more near the end of the last session.

after track day. obivously abit worn out than b4, but still good grip and holds well also. good street tyre.

dont know how they compare to others.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by quangsta
    i got quotes for 195/50/15 for good years eagle f1(made in germany), yokohama c-drive and bfg g-sports. was wondering whats the best out of the 3??...or what order would u guyz recommend them
    I've heard many good things about bfg g-sports.
    I think I heard about yokohama c-drive having weak sidewalls, but not sure.
    eagle f1 (gs-d3 I assume?) is good as well, but not the best in the wet. Dry performance is . I got them on my wheels at the moment.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Having being able to properly try Pirelli's new Ultra High Performance Dragon.

This is my verdict...

Got off the phone with Pirelli Australia, the wear rate is 300 out of 400, so I guess that is good wear rate.

http://www.au.pirelli.com/en_AU/tyre...6&catid=AU_UHP

The grip in both wet and dry conditions are fantastic I must say having used a fair bit of different tyres on cars with very much almost the same weight, the cornering, unbelievable, one of the thread pattern is supposed to assist cornering speeds and it works very well!

This tyre is still fairly new in the market so feedback is limited, but this is my opinion, I highly welcome any feedbacks from users with the same tyres...

CHEERS
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru