Page 143 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4393133140141142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,705 to 1,716 of 1833
    Member Array
    Car:
    B20+VTEC+SNAIL
    just got me some RE002's 205/50R/15 for my Eg having some issues with scrapping when i corner hard with the rears anyone else had this issue with their hondas/Egs
    B20VTECTURBO-Built by ZeForce powered by proECU

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by caruso_19 View Post
    just got me some RE002's 205/50R/15 for my Eg having some issues with scrapping when i corner hard with the rears anyone else had this issue with their hondas/Egs
    not exactly a topic for this thread, i would suggest you start another one.

With the little info u have given us sounds like you need to roll your guards or adjust ride height if it is scraping.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by casquillacciott View Post
    It's really only worth getting tyres from tirerack if your going to spend $400+ on a tire. The set your looking at is about $450 for 4 tyres. Shipping is about $340 for tyres that size, so your looking at $200 per tyre. You can get them much cheaper here. Contact Taleb Tyres through PM, and he'll help you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    yokohama advan a682
    Bridgestone re050a
    Continental contisportcontact2

Which would you guys chose? Also interested in noise and wear.
    Best tyre i have ever driven on
    OHSC

thanks chaos master, sorry i was under the impression shipping was only around $150

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    edit: scanning through thread now

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Just a short review. Was on OEM Dunlop Sport 2050a on my original 205/55R16. Have just changed to Conti SportContact 3's however on new rims 225/40/18. After about 500km, here's my thoughts.

-Grip definitely improved. Dry or wet. Part of the reason could come down to the extra width though.
    -Noiser. Was driving on the freeway yesterday, as per norm, found that tyre roar/road noise was louder, to the point where I'ld turn the volume up a level louder than usual. Not noticeably different on anything 80km/h or below though.
    -Very compliant ride. Especially considering I went from 16s to 18s, ride hasn't gotten any worse. Do note that I was running my older tyres at above recommended PSI (36-38 instead of 32) because they had excessive wear on the outsides, so that maybe a reason.
    -Turning Circle has definitely increase (maybe caused by increase width of rims?)

Overall impression: Their Ok, but nothing special. I'ld be looking at Nitto Invo next time round.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Ok, just a short update on my review above on Conti Sport Contact 3.

Worse road tyres ever. I've found that the CSC3's require some temperature before they will perform at their best, which is fine for enthusiast but for day to day driving, you get no where near it. Conti's rate the temp required as A, which means you really need to be spirited, and I mean mountain past type hard accelerating and braking type driving to get them up to those temps. W/e temps, their nearly as bad a slicks. Was entering a round-a-bout, the road was a bit bumpy and wet (although it had stopped raining) yet the car understeered. Was only doing around 40kph, and was turning the wheels a slight left (about 1/8 of a turn), was using engine braking in 3rd gear so there shouldn't have been any understeer at all, and yet there was. Road noise is still horrid with these tyres, I was hoping that they would quieten down when they wore in, but I've done over 10k km and their still bloody noisy.

My advice, if your not going to do any track or hard driving, stick to High or, at most, Ultra-High performance tyres. Max and Extreme Performance tyres really aren't made for daily driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    has any had a chance to test the bridgestone MY02 sporty style tires yet??

Ment to be there competition to the khumho ku31's, hankook h437's etc priced at $101 195 50 r15 from bridgestone select Blacktown

http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/treads/MY02.aspx
    Last edited by blabla; 06-09-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Ok, just a short update on my review above on Conti Sport Contact 3.

Worse road tyres ever. I've found that the CSC3's require some temperature before they will perform at their best, which is fine for enthusiast but for day to day driving, you get no where near it. Conti's rate the temp required as A, which means you really need to be spirited, and I mean mountain past type hard accelerating and braking type driving to get them up to those temps. W/e temps, their nearly as bad a slicks. Was entering a round-a-bout, the road was a bit bumpy and wet (although it had stopped raining) yet the car understeered. Was only doing around 40kph, and was turning the wheels a slight left (about 1/8 of a turn), was using engine braking in 3rd gear so there shouldn't have been any understeer at all, and yet there was. Road noise is still horrid with these tyres, I was hoping that they would quieten down when they wore in, but I've done over 10k km and their still bloody noisy.

My advice, if your not going to do any track or hard driving, stick to High or, at most, Ultra-High performance tyres. Max and Extreme Performance tyres really aren't made for daily driving.
    Really? I've read that they are quite good, especially excelling at wet weather driving.
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Co...-Contact-3.htm

What psi u runnin and what size tyre?
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 06-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    Really? I've read that they are quite good, especially excelling at wet weather driving.
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Co...-Contact-3.htm

What psi u runnin and what size tyre?
    I'm running 36-38Psi (high at front) on 225/45R18. Their worse than my Dunlops which were only 205 wide. I did read the reviews before hand, which was why I chose it, however you really need to take reviews with a lot of salt, especially ones made by random people. The thing is, a lot of people who had CSC3's as OEM tyres from factory (e.g. with Merc C class etc) end up cheaping out and buying the cheapest tyres they can find to replace them. I kid you not when I say about 80% of the C-Class I've seen out there (half driven by Indians, no offense) end up with Kumho or Bob Jane or some Korean/Chinese recycled brand that I've never heard off on it, simply because they finance the car to show off, as asians do, while are really cheap sakes. As such, they find that their cars are suddenly so much worse that it makes the CSC3 seem god sent. Afterwards, some of them go back to the CSC3 because they know it's better than the crap that nearly killed them.

That and I do admire the CSC3's dry performance when they are warmed up. Places like the US wouldn't have any real driving roads anyways, so it's not like they know what the tyre performance is like, and with places like UK, doing Autobarn speeds or such means they tyres would be adequately heated, unlike bogged down Australia. Don't forget that it is a Max Performance tyre, which is the second highest category for road legal stuff (below semi slicks in the Extreme Performance category), so it's track performance will be up there compared to regular High and Ultra High Performance tyres.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 06-09-2012 at 09:43 PM.

currently running Lexani 225/40R18s LX7's....

worst tyres I have EVER come across

absolutely no grip in the wet or dry

tyre noise is average however, could be better

final verdict: dont even think about getting em lol