Page 147 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4797137144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,753 to 1,764 of 1833
    Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    its gonna be expensive tyres for that size no?

Quote Originally Posted by heyalannn View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to this thread. I need some help.

I'm currently driving a 2006 Honda Civic, and going to be purchasing a set of XXR 521 18x8.5+30, and I'm after a set of tyres. Basically it's only a daily car, and I doubt i'll ever use it for the tracks. So I'm after a good set of budget tyres, that will last long and has good grip. Also, I want the tyres slightly stretched for a nicer looks, any recommendations?

Please include the brand, model and size of tyre.

Cheers for any help guys.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I was offered them once. So I've done a bit of reading. Some swear by their bang for value, and for road use, I guess it's fine, especially if you're a granny. People who have taken them to the track have cried about their build quality, with the tread coming off in chunks and side walls ripping. So basically not a tyre that likes being pushed or being punished.
    thanks for the input. Where did u get the info from?
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Quote Originally Posted by heyalannn View Post
    I guess I'll option for whatever is best for my price. I got recommended 215/40R18 for size, anyone heard of 'Forceum', they run around $130? They seem to be cheapy tyres...

Do you guys reckon 215/40 is to small? Would it be too much of a stretch?
    Never heard of them...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    why not buy some wheels that fit? that size seems like its a bit much for "just a daily" why not buy some normal size wheels and save a bit on tires or go a better brand of tire?
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Looking for new set if rubbers tossing between bridgestone re002, s001, Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2 and Dunlop sport maxx tt, what u guys think I'm more into the bs and Goodyear but I wanna see what u guys think I heard the re002 aim good cause it made from Thailand and the Goodyear side wall see to break after a certain time ...

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Hey guys how much should the KU31's cost?

K mart's selling them for $175 ea fitted and balanced, the other shops wanted around $200 each.. LOL. Anyway, does that seem like a good price?

One shop also tried to point me toward maxxis m35's.. ever heard of them?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What size?

Maxxis from my experience is terribly noisy

Quote Originally Posted by an93l View Post
    Looking for new set if rubbers tossing between bridgestone re002, s001, Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2 and Dunlop sport maxx tt, what u guys think I'm more into the bs and Goodyear but I wanna see what u guys think I heard the re002 aim good cause it made from Thailand and the Goodyear side wall see to break after a certain time ...
    What are you looking for in tyres? Because the ones you've listed aren't really comparable to each other.

The RE002 are a nice street performance tyres, the S001 are more Premium Luxury Performance Tyres ie aimed for cars like Ferraris, Astons, etc to cater for those customers, reasonable performance with comfort and luxury to match. Both of these alone are different tyres entirely...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    What are you looking for in tyres? Because the ones you've listed aren't really comparable to each other.

The RE002 are a nice street performance tyres, the S001 are more Premium Luxury Performance Tyres ie aimed for cars like Ferraris, Astons, etc to cater for those customers, reasonable performance with comfort and luxury to match. Both of these alone are different tyres entirely...
    Performance mainly, then comes long life/noise/comfort

Quote Originally Posted by an93l View Post
    Performance mainly, then comes long life/noise/comfort
    Size and budget man?

Cause the S001 for example is quite limited for 16s - 17s, even 18s there isn't much available...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Size and budget man?

Cause the S001 for example is quite limited for 16s - 17s, even 18s there isn't much available...
    Price isn't a problem I get from whole sale, size is 245/40/17

Ok, well the S001s are RFT in that size, so they maybe harder/harsher than the normal S001s, downfall of RFT.

The RE002 can't available in RFT if that's something you're after.

RE002 is definitely the softer compound of the two so lifespan wise, the S001 will outlast it for normal usage. Performance well I've used RE002s and they're quite nice but haven't tried S001s though...

Vid Test of RE002 + S001

I personally haven't tried the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 so no comment...

Dunlop Sport Maxx TT... I haven't liked a Dunlop save the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec...