Page 152 of 153 FirstFirst ... 52102142149150151152153 LastLast
Results 1,813 to 1,824 of 1833
    ^Negotiate and price match at your own risk. I tried it once, they gave me brown crusty tyres and mutilated all my wheels lol. Good thing I drank all their coffee before I left
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    ^Negotiate and price match at your own risk. I tried it once, they gave me brown crusty tyres and mutilated all my wheels lol. Good thing I drank all their coffee before I left
    you should have done a diarrhea in the dunny and not flush

that'll teach em to scratch your ROTA wheels up

was acualy enkei ok m8
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    Any recommendations for 205/50/15
    So far only really shortlisted
    Hankook ventus v2 $125pt

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    i have the ventus v2 atm on me front wheels 225/forgot/r17

Very good for the price i paid for em. They do have pretty aggressive cuts on em.

I think I would rate em better then RE02 in the wet. Provides full confidence to plant her flat.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    V2 > ku31?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Maxxis Pro R1, spanked alot of expensive performance tyre's in a recent shootout conducted by Motor, tyres it beat included include Toyo Proxes, Nitto invo, Contisport, pirelli P7

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Goodyear nct5

very good in dry considering its not even a performance tyre,but....

in the wet its the most dangerous tyre Ive ever experienced,even at below the marked speed limits on turns it will slide

impossible to use any throttle during corners

they are made in malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Maxxis Pro R1, spanked alot of expensive performance tyre's in a recent shootout conducted by Motor, tyres it beat included include Toyo Proxes, Nitto invo, Contisport, pirelli P7
    I wonder how much of that was down to the 200 treadwear rating whereas all the others were a lot higher (240 or 280 - can't recall off the top of my head)

I'd like to see a durability comparison of those tyres as well, just to get the full comparison. Not much point saving $100 for a set of performance road rubber, only to have them wear out twice as fast as other tyres. Unless of course you're happy running around on 100 treadwear semi's (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    140 and 180 treadwear give me around 30K with a few track days, Civics arent heavy cars, but yeah Id rather fresh rubber every year than run a tyre that will last 3 or 4 years and be a comprmised product.

Fair comments, although I don't necessarily agree that a longer wearing tyre is somehow a compromised product. I guess it depends on the needs of the user. That's the crux of the tyre test. Like anything automotive, they are trying to appeal to a wider audience. Not everyone buying off that test is likely to own a light car that gets tracked regularly. To some, a softer, faster wearing tyre will be a better compromise than a harder, possibly less grippy, better wearing tyre. To others, the opposite will apply, even if they still want a fairly high performance tyre.

At the end of the day, we all prefer to pay as little as possible for any products we buy. Sometimes cheap means nasty, sometimes it means economical, and other times it means good business sense.

That's all I was saying - make sure you understand the product and why it won. To some, the Maxxis will be perfect, but to others, the softer treadwear rating will be a compromise. As long as the buyer is aware of these factors when buying, then there shouldn't be a problem.

currently on hankook ventus v12 evo's 245/40/18

got them for $170 a tyre delivered

best tyres ive had on the car so far, very good wet grip, amazing dry grip and the braking power is amazing

real good tyre for the price