Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
    One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    a little over a year ago I got my Yokohama A539s in a 205 50R 15 for about $180 each fitted & balanced....duno how that rates as a price these days...but these tyres are nuts in the wet & dry....

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    hi, i reccomend BF Goodrich G force tyres. they are cheaper then avergae tyres and has good constant grip in the dry and wet. otherwise if your looking all grip, i like yoko es100!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    firenza - are really arent bad street tyres. Best abg for the buck. They are relatively expenisve as its made in japan. Good tyres life. Looses potential progressively with age. Not too good in the wet. i would get them again if i wasnt to track my car.

good year ventura- crap.... they started to tear side ways from my op touring.
    wears pretty quick.

Azenis st115- highly recommned.. but tyre life is crap..best wet tyre ive ever driven on..
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Bridgestone RE711 215/45/16
    1. $210 each
    2. Obsolete
    3. Fantastic tyres, I have done 20k on these tyres and around 10 track days on it so far. Still have plenty of treads left. Good all round tyre, sad to see Bridgestone not making them anymore.

I will be trying the Toyo TS-1 for road soon on my stockies.

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    vtml, can you still get re711? didnt they discontinued like a year ago??

I got it last year in October. I took the 2nd last set from Box Hill Donnellans in Melbourne.

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    cool, so what is the replacement of the re711???? re01?
    are these tyres hitting our shores anytime soon????
    atm im using G3, and think they are a decent tyre in all conditions, but had worst or better. never tried toyos, but the new one has nice treads, bit like the dunlop sp9000.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    I've just baugh Falcan Azinis RT's... they're unreal! Best tyre I've ever had, never see understear with them but because My rears suck (Goodyear F1s) I have a tendancy to overstear.

Mine are 195/55 R15 cost me $180each. They're considerd a semi track tyre.

They're really soft, you can dig your finger nail into them and the imprint lasts for some time, I spose thats silica for you!

Nick, it's Falken Azenis, they are not real semi slicks because they are not R compound. Don't expect them to last long either.

Quote Originally Posted by Speeder
    cool, so what is the replacement of the re711???? re01?
    are these tyres hitting our shores anytime soon????
    atm im using G3, and think they are a decent tyre in all conditions, but had worst or better. never tried toyos, but the new one has nice treads, bit like the dunlop sp9000.
    Looks like RE01 is the replacement, too bad we can't get them in Australia.
    G3 is ok if you drive it only on the street, the sidewalls are a bit soft compare to RE711's. I am trying the Toyo TS-1 as my next set of tyres, depending on price (it has to be cheaper than Yoko A539 otherwise I won't bother trying them). I will let you guys know once I have those tyres on in a few weeks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Ive got Falkens.. i have no idea about the specs
    205/40/r17's
    and like everyone has said, theyre absolutely shit in the wet (and dry takin corners a bit too fast)
    lost it way too many times haha

Sounds like you have Falken Ziex.