Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    Yeah I know they're not a real semi-slick... but they are a decent tread from what people have said... a lot have people said dont expect more than 30-40000km out of them... depending on how harsh you treat them...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    i recently emailed bridgestone aus and asked them about re010's
    they amazingly they sale they will have them in warehouses and takes about a week to get them
    now i realli wannna get them 195/55 r15
    but they quoted 220 per tire fitted and balance
    thats way way pricey IMO
    has anyone bought these new and what price did they pay?
    was it similar to this?
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Has anyone heard of Nexen tyres? Comments? I am particularly looking for a quiet-running tyre (ie no road roar).

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    which tyre give best grip with lowest noise for under $300 each fitted?
    or which semis is the most quiet?
    doesn't care much about wear

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by gambate
    Are you talking about 15 inch tyres? you could get almost everything under $300, even full slick cost you $330 each only

well... best street tyre for 15 inch, i will say Falken RT215 got the most grip on dry, or if you could get AD07 here... and none of the tyres are good on wet, so just ignore it, drive slowly on wet

For semi-slicks, i will say A048 or RSV04(import version), both got very good grip on dry but RSV04 will worn out faster, anyway i got few sets at home cos i got some discount and i just need 1 set only, so going to get rid of the rest of them

So just depends what you like, soft sidewall or stiff sidewall, it really depends your suspension system settings, BS tyres have stiffest sidewall, Toyo and Yoko got softer sidewalls, Falken so so but stiffer than Yoko

Oh sorry, noise.... every semi-slicks are noisy, so can't tell, maybe i should say noise is opposite to grip, errrr.... yeah... kind of

the falkens RT215 would probably be one of the best street tyres for their price

if you want quite,...semi-slicks just ain't for you bro..

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 s15 spec r
    well all my cars have been using continental conti sport contacts, same as civic si.....

ive experienced 16 and 17 inch, i mean its m3 tyres so it has to be good, i reckon it last long reliability wise, it feels medium compound and 16's 205/55r16 was 220 and 17's were 250 dollars......

i didnt mind the good year eagles, really good on the track i thought...but i think these r out of production

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    I am using Yokohama AD07. 16/45/205.
    It is a very very good street tyres as i used in my life.
    If you still want to upgrade your tyre, you need to go to semi-slick level.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by gambate
    toyo r888 & ra1 is not noisy at all compared to do1j , re540's etc
    what size are u lookin for ?
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    is $199 a pop for Goodyear Eagle F1's a good price for this size 205/17/45? heard some good reviews but the only thing is the sidewall is quite weak...any experiences?
    arrowz
    SiR

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    is $199 a pop for Goodyear Eagle F1's a good price for this size 205/17/45? heard some good reviews but the only thing is the sidewall is quite weak...any experiences?
    Hey Man, I have Goodyear Eagle F1's on my del sol. I think they are fine especially for the price. I got mine on special for $175 a couple of years ago. They have been around for a while unless there is a new model out? Normal driving they have good wear and therefore they are not as sticky as some in the dry. In the wet they are good. I think they are good for their price.
    Deano.

Damn! where for $199?? that's pretty good. Tyres are good in wet, pretty good handling. Could be better in dry, but then I'm judging on tyres with 1mm left.