Page 51 of 153 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast
    Can comment bout Yoko AD07 vs Falken new RT615?

Thx

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Hi guys, i just got a set of Michelin pilot preceda pp2's last night. Ive already given them a bit and driven in wet and dry. They are absolutely bloody brilliant. They are 195/50/15s and on my 89 crx. Ive driven on many good quality tyres but these are one of the very best without a doubt. They are incredibly quiet (i dead set couldnt hear them at any speed windows up or down over the wind noise and other noises). They have great big channels for awesome dispersion of water (and ive driven on f1 gsd3's which are the best wet weather tyres around) and they are very very sticky. I am glad i paid the money to go the michelins! Couldnt be happier!!!!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by crx51 View Post
    (and ive driven on f1 gsd3's which are the best wet weather tyres around)
    GSD3's are not the worst wet tyre, but are not good either.....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    GSD3's are not the worst wet tyre, but are not good either.....
    What would you rate above it? Just out of curiousity? Its just every review i have ever seen it has come out on top for wet slalom wet braking wet lap time every wet category its won. And thats against everything from sp9000 to pirelli p zero and michelin pilot sports etc

I wouldnt use the 15inch gsd3s as they are made in taiwan or something. The ones i was running were 225/45/18s on my mazda 6. In the wet they gripped as though it was dry?

I love a good tyre so if youve driven on a better wet weather tyre then let us know mate.
    regards
    scott

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    woot woot! i got my yoko cdrives for $92 each hehehe, but that cos its direct from factory from a family friend. does yoko have any semi slicks that are sold on the aus retail market???

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    woot woot! i got my yoko cdrives for $92 each hehehe, but that cos its direct from factory from a family friend.
    wat size? tats cheap

dun thk they do retail SS, but u can get it thru some traders in this forum. Have a look the web advan.com to see their advan series tyres which are the top of the range of yokies

yokohama tyres

Hopefully i can get some help buried deep inside this thread.

I'm looking to get Yokohama tyres, on the official au site they have 7 listed for passenger cars. It isnt very clear but does each tyre come in different sizes? Like for small civics, then mid-sized cars up to family cars? I'm not very familiar with tyre sizes, but i do have an ek civic and looking at 16" x 6.5 rims. Does the web site list ALL tyres or only a select choice? Also how do you know which ones are low-profile?

What are semi-slicks? lol
    Last edited by CvcResponse; 27-02-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2-R
    Toyo (Trampio) R888 semi slicks.
    (Previous experience: Goodyear GSD3 (street tyre) and Kumho V700 (semi))
    - $255-$260 for 195/55/15 from JDM Yard

First Glance:
    Looking at it, it's a very sexy pattern.
    First drive: OMG!
    They stick like NO other road tyre. I have not yet found the limits (unsafe for public roads!!!) and I do not intend on doing so - the limits I have found in my car, so far, are scarey enough for me.
    - Very predictable compared to goodyear GSD3 (hopeless tyre).

Daily Use?
    They will definitely wear VERY quickly if this tyre will be used for daily driving. It is a very soft compound. It would probably expect probably 15,000km if you don't track it.

Another factor is the road noise. At 60km/h, it sounds like you're on the millennium train, it's a constant noise like as if you're running slightly flat tyres? Or is it just me? It does get annoying (solution? turn up the stereo ).
    They don't kick up pebbles and crap as much as the Kumho's do.

Warming Up
    It also seems like they don't need to be warmed up as much as other semi slicks would.
    Other semis I have tried, I didn't feel as confident going around corners at higher speeds until I got some heat into them.
    The R888's are always ready to go.

Wet Weather
    It is excellent in the wet for a semi slick.
    I have tried KUMHO Ecsta V700, forget driving on a rainy day.
    In the wet, they are stickier than Goodyear GSD3's on a warm day.
    Last edited by kyobibi; 27-02-2007 at 06:48 PM.
    - [ * AℓвєятяoN ] illegal street racing is bad hao map ! says:
    haha. i'll marry you.
    ||nam|| says:
    ok thats just wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    sttich there 195/50/r15 c drives, thats the price before bob jane whoever gets them for, but its thru a family friend, just gotta try see if i can get some semi slicks too.

Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    woot woot! i got my yoko cdrives for $92 each hehehe, but that cos its direct from factory from a family friend. does yoko have any semi slicks that are sold on the aus retail market???
    A048 semi slick yoki advans

oh and my dunlop sp sport maxx still very happy with....nice response and the best grip in the wet I've had from a set of tyres for ages.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Is $154 per tyre a good price for Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tyres? including fitting/balancing...

ps. this is for stock DC2 VTIR - 195/55R15
    Last edited by Felix; 19-03-2007 at 09:38 PM.