Page 53 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi-S
    yoyo.. i kno nothin about tyres so before i get my new rims just wondering which tyres will be best for a honda jazz?

i'm planning to get 16 or 17 volk te37s (most likely 16's). which tyres will be suited for someone with a normal budget but still wants a nice ride/reasonable performance?

cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    hey all,

ive come to the point where im in need of some new Rubber for my 91 CRX.

riding on 17s, currently running a Falken Ziex 512 i think people will share my experience that those tyres are quiet ok in the dry but somewhat nasty in the wet.

So im looking at alternatives - for a good both dry/wet performance but reasonably priced tyre.

Ive called a couple places here in Perth and Maxxis MAZ1s come quiet recommended at $190 a tyre.
    Ive checked the TempeTyres website and obtained a quite for Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 at $120 per corner (i believe this includes delivery).

So :

Maxxis MAZ1 or KUMHO ECSTA 712 or *any other brand under $200*

what do you guys recommend?
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Yokohama S Drive $180 a tyre

for details hit the site

http://www.yokohama.co.nz/s_drive.html

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    was previously on the german-made goodyear F1 gsd3. a fantastic tyre.

however, when i was shopping for tyres last month to replace the BS re040, I realised that german made ones are hard to come by, most of the stocks in OZ are from china and taiwan, with only a few sizes made locally.

I have read some bad reviews with china made gsd3, and since the dealers cannot gurantee my size will not be from china, i've decided to go for Falken fk452.

after a week of scrubbing in, the FK452s are really good, actually. the side walls are really stiff, and thus, rides firmer than the german F1 gsd3, and the BS RE040.
    steering response: not as sharp as the RE040, but quieter and surprising, the stiff sidewall does not translate to a harsh ride.. it rides firm, but not harsh.
    hadn't have much rain for the past week, thus can't comment on the wet grip, but dry grip is good. on par with the german-GSD3.

with more mileage on the tyres:
    the FK452 seems very sensitive to the tyre pressure.. the sweet spot is ard 33-35psi. above this, it gets rather firm, and below this, well... the car seems like running on shot shocks. quite smooth, until the car hits the first road blemish and the car bounced around.
    first class wet road handling. on par, if not better than the GSD3.
    Last edited by MiSloVic; 10-05-2007 at 07:47 PM. Reason: enhance the review

il input my rubber experience
    Falken 326 \ 329 Ziex
    forget it its the worst worst tyre ive ever owned and driven, had it for 3 half 4 months, and say bye bye
    good year vantura i think thats what its called, okay in the dry really pathetic in wet
    good year f1 good in dry same goes with wet
    toyo proxes R1 exellent in dry and wet and good tread wear took a while to break these ones
    Bridgestone S02 they dont make them anymore but lasted a long time have yet to try out the SO3s
    prelli pzero excellent grip on dry and wet same as the R1s lasted about the same amount of time as the R1s
    same goes with continental contact sport 2

juz a very noobie question
    which 1 is more long lasting with normal city drives n occasionally some crazyy turnings

BS G3 or yoko c drives?

has anyone tried the kumho ecsta spt ku 31 @190 ? looking to get them or toyo proxes 4 @160

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by iversonruls View Post
    juz a very noobie question
    which 1 is more long lasting with normal city drives n occasionally some crazyy turnings

BS G3 or yoko c drives?
    Yokohama S drive
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Quote Originally Posted by EG5 View Post
    Yokohama S drive
    Hey Yonas, have you tried them yet? any chance of a quick review?

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    had my first experience on my new set of G3 today.. wet grip is phenomenal, its in par or slightly better than the GSD3 I've had before, but the goodyear has more flex to it than the G3. For about the same price, I'd go for the G3 any day now.. now its just a matter of thread wear. Anyone used these two before and comment on the wear?

Quote Originally Posted by D4rk4n63l View Post
    had my first experience on my new set of G3 today.. wet grip is phenomenal, its in par or slightly better than the GSD3 I've had before, but the goodyear has more flex to it than the G3. For about the same price, I'd go for the G3 any day now.. now its just a matter of thread wear. Anyone used these two before and comment on the wear?
    on ur ES?
    wat size??

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Hey Yonas, have you tried them yet? any chance of a quick review?
    for a review go to jtuned.com
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com