CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by iversonruls View Post
    on ur ES?
    wat size??
    yes, 195/50/15...

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    i need new tyres and ive been reading as much as i can through this thread and ive come across 3 types that interest me, would anyone be able to give me a "user" review and comparison and also average price(or if they come in the size or not) for 205/50/15 for :

"The New Pilot Preceda pp2"

"Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212"

"Toyo Proxes T1-R"

and for these three, if anyone has any advice on any tyre of the same level thats more worth its price or whatever the reason or the same brand but different tyre that could give same performance with a cheaper price etc please advise.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    I heard that the pilot preceda is good at all wet/dry condition, very quiet tyres too..

but some says hankook ventus R-S2 is the best performance tyres of all

not sure about Toyo though
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Bond View Post
    I heard that the pilot preceda is good at all wet/dry condition, very quiet tyres too..

but some says hankook ventus R-S2 is the best performance tyres of all

not sure about Toyo though
    toyo t1r > pilot preceda.

i had preceda's on first, and now have t1'rs, and the difference is significant, but more so in the wet. the t1r's are still very quiet but seem much more resistant to aquaplaning than the precedas

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    did u have the preceda sport ? the first version? or the newer variant, pp2. because im on the same boat as u if u talkin about the first variant of preceda sport. toyo i would say is better then that one, but not so sure about the pp2 second variant of the preceda :

http://www.michelin.com.au/tyres/passengerCar.asp

(pilot sport, or preceda pp2) im asking about the pp2, because i think sport only come in 215+. thanks for good input guys
    Last edited by andiiso; 26-04-2007 at 01:15 PM.

I've ad both these tyres.

Yoko es100 195/55/15
    Toyo T1R 205/45/16

With the yoko's, they were a bit more worn than the brand new toyo's.
    still i think the yoko's had more bite in both wet and dry than the toyo's

Quote Originally Posted by EG5 View Post
    for a review go to jtuned.com
    Link to Review

Didn't really mention anything about lifespan but everything else looks the part Next tires for me haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    what about hankook ventus R-S2? Are they quiet too? better than toyo?
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    In regards to the Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212, these tyres are very hard to come by in the Sydney Metro, so I sent an email to Hankook Tyres. Hopefully they will stock these like crazy here so I can see what the fuss is about..

ps. Will post their reply pending their approval of it being posted on forums.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    really? i can get them easily in melbourne.. try mooney ponds tyres on alexander road
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    really? i called up a few tyre places and they all said they havent got them in stock yet, they said they will be comin in 3months later or something, so i cut my choices down to the Michelin pp2 and the toyo T1R, also, the hankook Rs2 and considered Slicks by hankook, but i dunno why, it dun look slick to me at all.

btw, most tyre places recommended me the michelin pp2 over the toyo t1r, because its only about maximum of $50-$60 difference and performance wise, toyo is good but after they wear down halfway compared to michelin wearing down halfway the michelin will keep its grip up longer then the toyo, same things i have heard from a few tyre places, some in which my friend has introduced me to.

I've been reading through this thread and a big review on caranddriver.com and so far in my head it looks like the Goodyear Eagle gs-d3's and the Toyo t1r's are pretty evenly matched.

I'm looking for 205/40 r17's and less than or equal to $1000. Just need something that has plenty of grip and loses grip fairly progressively. (i.e. if i start to lose grip in the wet I want to be able to back off and recover, instead of sliding for too long), preference for decent tread wear (since I do around 30,000kms a year)

Anyone who has had both of these tyres and can recommend which might be more suited to me? Or has had one of these and would recommend another tyre instead.
    Looking for info from someone who had the Goodyears made in Germany etc as I'm pretty sure the 17s will be coming from the same place, and not taiwan or whatever.
    Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration
    Well I always thought to PLEASURE your girl was anything sexual.

To PLEASE your girl is anything that costs money.