Noob Q: How to reduce body roll on a budget?

I have Koni Sport (red) adjustable shocks and King super lows fitted, with 205/40/17s, and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do with the above setup to reduce body roll. The konis have 3 adjustment settings, and is currently set on the middle one. Would it help if I set it at the highest (stiffest) setting and fit some bump stops (I don't think I have any)?

Basically I have a bit of a scrubbing issue, and just got the car back from trying to sort it out. I've had the front guards rolled, and the plastic tucked and some metal tapped to reduce the scrubbing. It is better, but I still scrub when doing a hard turn and hit a bump midway, or if I'm going over a steepish driveway at a sharp angle. So I thought if I could reduce the body roll on the current set-up I could get away with it.

I suppose the other alternative would be to fit stiffer springs, or raise the car by 10mm, but I don't have a lot of budget to spend on it ATM...

Any thought/suggestions?

Cheers.

JUST get a larger rear swaybar.
    www.whiteline.com.au

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    most effective way .... SWAY

Thanks guys.

I definately want to get a rear sway bar fitted. But I don't see how it will help the scrubbing when all the load is on the front outside tyre (on a sharp turn), or on the front inside tyre (going into a steep driveway at an angle)?

a swaybar is like a giant spring between your LHS and RHS ~ when one side is pivoting say up as you describe , there is more resistance onto the opposite side. So , your car will less likely scrub on the opposite side since there is both the swaybar + shock working against it

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    ...when one side is pivoting say up as you describe , there is more resistance onto the opposite side. So , your car will less likely scrub on the opposite side since there is both the swaybar + shock working against it
    hopefully it's not a big scrub

It is a big scrub, but only in extreme cases.

Ok, I see now about the swaybar. I've been reading in the other threads that I'd need to fit reinforcement for a 22mm rear bar, but would I need to do the same if I fit a larger diametre front swaybar?

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    neil the 22mm bar for your car will not physically fit without the reinforment mounts which also let u majorly upgrade the thickness of the rear bar.

the front swaybar to suit your car is bolt on, comes with larger D bushes but essentially no HD baby killing mounts r needed.

let me know if u want one mate
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    most common mod that reduces roll is aftermarket springs or swaybar..
    either will do... but you better getting springs first.
    Last edited by BlitZ; 04-04-2006 at 08:25 AM.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01