Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    I'd have to order the full race kits direct from them, just like anyone else... just a difference in the cost of postage/tax/import duty... availability isn't any different

Member Array
    Really?! I thought I could just drive down there and drop off a kit! LOL JK!! Yes I know shipping is more, but do your performance shops not stock things? If not I'll be there in a month opening a shop that IS stocked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beastcivic
    dont forget shipping costs and customs charges. only the first AUD1000 doesnt incur customs duty. and customs slugs u hard.
    I recently received over aud$2000 of declared items from the states, and did not pay one cent of gst or customs duty.

Sometimes you get lucky; But saying that customs "slugs you hard" is far from the truth.

well I purchased 4 radar detector's for around about the $1500 and got slugged over $500 worth of customs fee's, how can you say thats not getting slugged?

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by string
    I But saying that customs "slugs you hard" is far from the truth.

do u even know how customs duty is calculated. i have imported a few things and customs duty is very expensive.
    they the customs duty like this calculate it liked this
    ref:http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/re...mpDecGuide.pdf

saxman- i dont think u realise how expensive stuff is in australia. the greddy kit costs 4500AUD over here.
    if u take the US value of something and you convert it to AUD then youll be nowhere near the price of what it costs in australia.
    Last edited by jimmeh; 31-03-2006 at 05:50 PM.

as well as the customs fees that jimmeh has pointed out, I also had to pay a brokage fee just to have them cleared, which took a further 3weeks. It took less time to ship from america then it did for the stupid guy to clear it.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    even if you're paying ~20% between tax and import as shown there, it still seems like it would be way cheaper to buy here, and have ti shipped out there.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman
    even if you're paying ~20% between tax and import as shown there, it still seems like it would be way cheaper to buy here, and have ti shipped out there.
    i agree with you on that.

i suppose its just less hassle if you purchase it in OZ

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    + you have some sort of customer support if somthing does go wrong