Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Nah, it's not a problem. Honda would call it a "feature"

It's from the drive by wire. When you accelerate and want to change gear, the instant you lift you foot of the throttle you get a slight surge of revs. It's for emissions purposes to burn any excess fuel. If you press the clutch pedal in at that instant, you get the vibration. To avoid it, lift you foot off the throttle and press clutch an instant later, about 1/4 of a second later.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I see - thanks for the explanation, lol I wish I could disable that 'feature'.

The problem is that if you are in 1st or 2nd, the longer you lift of the throttle with the clutch engaged, the harder the car will jolt - a bit of a catch 22 senario

But I'll try it anyway, I guess its all about precise timing.
    Then again, the vibration is not really a problem - I just wanted to make sure there is no problem with my car.

cheers.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    I see - thanks for the explanation, lol I wish I could disable that 'feature'.

The problem is that if you are in 1st or 2nd, the longer you lift of the throttle with the clutch engaged, the harder the car will jolt - a bit of a catch 22 senario

But I'll try it anyway, I guess its all about precise timing.
    Then again, the vibration is not really a problem - I just wanted to make sure there is no problem with my car.

cheers.
    Hehe, most of us wish we could...
    If it starts to jolt when you release, then you have waited too long to press the clutch in. It's a very very short time between releasing the accelerator and pressing the clutch in.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by corn_flakes
    although i've never tried stepping on it in first, only taken it up to about 40km/hr in first....feels like i'm gonna hurt my car if i rev it higher....lol
    It's interesting the way different people "feel" the car -- or it may well be the individual engine build.

Right from the start with my car, it would easily pull 4000 rpm before it even started to feel like it was doing any work.

The Euro is the first car I've ever hit the fuel cut-out (and I was in first) because it just felt like it could keep revving -- it revved so smoothly and quickly!