Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

jacking up lowered cars

sa if i were to roll in my steelies
    and i haf superlows on...
    how do u guys go about jacking up lowered cars?
    wot about extremely lowered cars?

put ur methods down!
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    standard boot jack, how much more lower can u go..hehe

get a nice low profile big jack liek i got

Or use those dodgy scissor jacks (which are very unsafe ! be careful)

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    why do you wanna jack it up for?? i dont mind rolling on my stockies makes my car even lower than what it is now.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    get a nice low profile big jack liek i got

Or use those dodgy scissor jacks (which are very unsafe ! be careful)

how low are the low profile ben? looking for a low profile as well.

so far i only seen one tat fit, others cant really speeze in 10cm or lower cars easily.

boot jack seem alright to me. been changing my wheels every too often, and everytime is a x4 as one by one. been almost 2 years, and every 2 weeks or so.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by LowEk
    why do you wanna jack it up for?? i dont mind rolling on my stockies makes my car even lower than what it is now.
    service the car 2...
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    I use the scissor jack when im on the road. But when im at home in the garage i have proper trolley jack and that just fits under the front of my car.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic si (d16a8)
    get my dad to lift the side of the car im jacking up...then slide the jack in
    good on ya dad

Quote Originally Posted by STTICH
    how low are the low profile ben? looking for a low profile as well.

so far i only seen one tat fit, others cant really speeze in 10cm or lower cars easily.

boot jack seem alright to me. been changing my wheels every too often, and everytime is a x4 as one by one. been almost 2 years, and every 2 weeks or so.
    if u are serious and want a revalveable jack that should last for life ~ spend a decent amount of $$$
    I got a alloy "race" jack , weights about 12kg and is rate at 1000kg. Its very low profile , about 7cm at its "lift"point. Cost about $280 and ive been using it heaps over the last year or so. You can get em at most decent race shops here in Sydney - NFI where in melbourne.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    arr i see. thanks for tat ben will keep a lookout, too bad aint all/most stores hav them here, hav been searching.

tho the standard jack has been doing it job ever since..im also well aware of its safetiness and very cautious for every jack ups (as most things will fail eventually) as long as u do it right, sits it tight, jack it up nice and slow, all should b well. but hell...hands are getting sore..time for a new jack

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    Quote Originally Posted by LUDA-3G
    I use the scissor jack when im on the road. But when im at home in the garage i have proper trolley jack and that just fits under the front of my car.
    a trolly jack does not fit under my car its to low i need to use my sissor jack then a trolly jack to jack my car up it becomes a pain in the a$$ every time i need to jack my car up.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    STTICH - have you tried repco? I know that if they dont have one they can order one in.

On jacking the car up - while I have never jacked my car up using this method, I have heard of people laying down some timber, driving the car onto it providing the extra height needed to get a jack under it.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.