Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[EURO] Remote key battery life

Did a search and couldn't really find the answers to my question. Just wondering how long the battery life in your remote key last before you go change a new battery? Only had my car for just a little over 3mths and it seems the battery is slowly dying, I still have the spare key to use though. Just thought 3mths is a bit too short don't you think?

i've had mine for 9 months, the boot release button is starting to be less effective but the rest still work fine..

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    not sure on the euro, on my past car, it lasted for years!
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Mine's 6mths old and my car lock button doesn't seem as effetcive as unlock or boot realease. When it was new I could lock from ages, now it's 3-4 presses close range before it locks sometimes. I do use it heaps of times everyday though as I'm in and out of the car and always lock it where ever I am.

the battery in my remote last for ages in my previous cars also. i don't even know if i can or should complain to the dealer about this or they'll probably say this is a 'wear and tear' thing. it has taken me by surprise that it only lasted this short time. What's the chances they'll replace the battery for me free of charge or are they gonna hit me with $$$ just to replace it? this sux

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    It should last for years - maybe one day you accidentally sat on the button when it was in your pocket and it was sending out signals for 2 hours

ps. Just get a small screw driver and open it up, write down the battery type/code and buy a new one from DickSmith for $1
    Last edited by EuroDude; 02-04-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    mine is close to 2.5 years old - still works fine and i use that open window function all the time

2.5 years ? I guess the life span of these batteries should last long. I'm just unfortunate to have the shitty batch lol. I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and hope they give me a replacement battery, I'm hoping they would otherwise I'll be complaining to honda australia

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    yeah mine is getting close to 2 years, both remotes work the same as the day I got it.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Two years on and my remote is still working

Just bang your luck with a warranty replacement if your car is still under warranty.... The reason you will give them is that the battery has an amazingly short life span!!!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Yeah I'll definitely try to push them for a warranty replacement. My warranty doesn't end until 2011 anyways

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    i used more than 3 years for my old civic and its still worked fine, but distance was greatly reduced. for my euro, been using it for almost a year now, but sometime it doesnt want to lock if i press it once. is it the battery or .. ??