Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[EURO] Multi-Information Display on 06 Models

Just wondering if any of you guys who owns the 2006 model can tell me if you have all the settings available in the menu when you go to 'CHG Settings' - page 106 in car manual.

Apparently I don't seem to have the 'Pre-Running Car Detect Beep' and the 'ACC Display Speed Unit' I thought I saw these when I first picked up my car. Not sure about it now. Can someone check to see if they have these 2 options in their Multi-Information Display settings? Not sure if these are suppose to be in our aussie versions or not. thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I was wandering that too when I was reading the manual. But that manual caters for all countries that have the Euro (Japan, Canada, Aus, Europe).

I'm pretty sure that the AUDM Euro is missing those two features - well I dont see them in my MID thats for sure...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    there are more than two features been missed out in AUDM euros...
    check all other detective safety stuffs in other pages of the menu..
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Thanks for the confirmation. It sucks how all the good stuff has been taken out

By the way, how often does your 'Average speed' update in your Multi-Information Display? Everything else for me seems to be working fine except for the stupid average speed, always showing 34km/hr even when I'm down the eastern fwy going at 100-110km/hr, doesn't seem to be moving at all Only time I notice it moves is when I fill up to the top, then it slowly climbs to 40, 50, 60, then after a while, sits on 30ish range. I've already notified the dealer about this, I've told them I'm gonna monitor it til I hit 10,000km (pretty soon anyways lol) if nothing improves, I'll definitely get them to fix this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Mine has been stuck on 22km since day one - even after travelling at 100km on the freeway for 30minutes a day, and even after resetting it

Something is not right with that feature.

Wow, yours has been stuck on 22km/hr since day one? I still remember mine actually worked the day I picked it up and it actually showed 100km/hr when I actually went 100km/hr+ constantly. After I had my first service, it seemed it just decided to not to work like it once did.

Have you spoken to your dealer about this though? I think they should fix this for us otherwise it really defeats the purpose of having that function there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I havent spoken to them, but I think they can't do anything about it unless Honda release a new flash or fix.

I'm hoping Honda will have a new firmware update that'll fix this problem too. I know the dealers can't do much about it til they have more information from Honda Australia. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long to have this fix

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Remember that if you go from 0 km/h to 60 km/h, you average speed is actually 30 km/h. The display may not be as inaccurate as you think.

You can reset all the computer info -- I think you need to hold down the dash illumination button? Try resetting everything, and see what you get...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    you hold down the Reset/Sel button for 2 seconds to reset it.

I think the problem is that the average speed is calculated over a very long period, maybe it averages it every 100km. If it was changed to every 25km or 50km then the avg speed would appear more accurate or more "alive" as it were...

ps.Mine has actually gone up to 24km today.

I always reset everything each time I fill up. One thing that I don't understand is the time interval for it to update (ie. every 5mins, 10mins or 30mins), I'm asking because last time I drove from Melb - Geelong and travelling 100-110km/hr for over an hour but the average speed still showed around the 30ish mark. Now, either the time interval for it to update is very long or something's not right. I still remember the first day I picked up my car and it was updating pretty much within 5mins. Unfortunately, that don't happen anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    I'm fairly sure that the average speed is actually calculated just on that trip, i.e., from when you start the car -- it's not a running total. If you've set it to only update every 30 minutes and aren't travelling for 30 minutes, then the readout is probably never being updated.

The Reset/Sel tag just resets the trip meters -- there's another way to reset the whole computer which I think involves holding in the dash illumination button (but I'd have to check).