Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

VTiR 97 vs VTiR 94/96

hey guys jus turned 18 about to buy my car, im after a prelude VTIR but am stumped as to wether i would like a 4th gen or 5th gen model? hmmm new over old? or old better than new? i havent got a clue i like both models. any suggestions/reason?
    ive been driven in a 94 VTIR and loved it!! loved the interior and speed... but i havent been in a 5th gen before.. are they simalar or is the 5th gen an even better experience??

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTi-R
    Some people prefer 5th gen, some people prefer 4th gen.

I have a 5th gen and I love it. However, there are some cool features/interior designs on the 4th gen that weren't carried over - and likewise there are some features/interior layout designs on the 5th gen that are superior to the 4th gen.

Personally I would say, go and test drive one - there are heaps around at dealerships - but make sure you give a manual one a go, avoid the tiptronic unless you get a later model (like 99+) as there are issues with the tiptronic gearboxes.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    the 4th gen is more of a fast car, the 5th gen looks so much hotter.dont get me wrong the 5th gen can be made fast too but it does have a lil more weight.
    personally i love the 5th gen over the 4th gen, the seats in the 4th gen are much better than the ones in the 5th tho. i love my 5th gen and have never looked back!

yeah i could imagin sitting in the 5th gen and not feeling as low to the ground as the 4th gen.. i also found the seats in the 4th gen to be awesome!!! yet saw photos of the 5th gen interior and saw that those seats didnt look as sporty/hugging...? the 4th gen also feels pretty roomy in the front suprisingly too! does the the 5th gen? ps what colour are the dial lighting in the 5th gen?

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by jenno
    yeah i could imagin sitting in the 5th gen and not feeling as low to the ground as the 4th gen.. i also found the seats in the 4th gen to be awesome!!! yet saw photos of the 5th gen interior and saw that those seats didnt look as sporty/hugging...? the 4th gen also feels pretty roomy in the front suprisingly too! does the the 5th gen? ps what colour are the dial lighting in the 5th gen?
    amber colour lighting in the 5th gen, like an orangey-brown... as far as the seats go - they suck IMO... i havent sat in a 4th gen, but compared to DC2R recaros (haha) - the 5g lude seats suck EVEN in terms of comfiness on long trips!!!! (although the recaros hurt my neck, rather than my bum like the 5g seats)

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by jenno
    5th gen has plenty of room front and back... 4th gen has almost no leg room at the bak

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    i thought the 5th gen was always quicker than the 4th??

does the 5th gen have a sports mode like the 4th gen? does anyone have the 0-60mph times for prelude si and vtir?

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    the 5th gen might be a smidge quicker but dont forget the 4th gen has slightly more aggresive gearing so its easier to keep it in vtec for slightly less skilled drivers.
    the only slightly "sporty" version would be the vtir with atts. which is not faster in a straight line but round the twisties kicks arse!5th gen has more room inside and the dash is an orange colour like menthu said.
    at high speed the 5th gen feels sooo stable but when attacking the turns you kinda have to be aggressive with the steering due to it kinda wanting to follow the camber of turns.
    ive never driven a 4th gen but u cannot be dissapointed with the 5th gen.

drive both and your heart will tell you what to do

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    some 4th gen are havin trouble keepin up with my stock 5th gen???
    4th gen just has more cheaper aftermarket gears to work with.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    keep in mind the few g's price difference, u could use those for further mods in the 4th gen ^^

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    93 Prelude Si Vtec
    i got a 4th gen and all i can say is that you won't be disappointed..... but a 5th gen with the lip kit... "drooolz"

i guess it comes to personal preference...... but if you got the dosh for a 5th gen.... why not?? if i enuff dosh i would too..... if you haven't looked already, 5th gens prices are still up there if you want a mint one...
    Last edited by asiandevil; 07-04-2006 at 10:42 AM.