Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Extending intake pipe

i have a b18 type r motor in my integraa and i have a steel intake from wheree it sits i feel if i took it down into the frontbar i.e. extended it would i receive much gain out of this?>?? i have a flexi tube coming from the front bar to the pod..... but i would think that the more cold air the better.... can someone point me in the right direction in what i should do i am new to hondas lol

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    you can go the DIY route and extend the tube as you say, CAI or Cold air induction is what your talking about, and the debate of whether your exisiing setup (short ram intake) or CAI is better,

Injen and AEM make specifically design CAI units which put the filter dawn behind the front bumper, most people like it

dont ask me my cars stock

hehehe

but a search for CAI or Injen will explain in more detail for you

thanks mate i will c what a few more people say and go from there

Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy
    currently me and dyno dave are testing out a new intake that he is makin, similar to the aem + injen design

we made a prototype and now a newer version is being made today hehe

put it this way i had the Js racing whale penis (short ram intake) and i put this new design on and got on extra 11 kw atw on a stock ecu...mind u its still a prototype

keep tuned later on ill post up graphs and sheets

n if u can wait itll be available soon once weve mastered the design

but wat ppl say is short ram is better for bottom end where as CAI is better for top end..get it tuned like me and enjoy both hehee!!
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome Abourd You!..

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    A gain of 11kw atw? Man you must have had a cork in your old intake.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy
    it would need a big cork to fit the whale penis
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

LOL hahaha i got autronic in my car and a whole lot of other goodies and my tune is set up for top end power..... i am unsure of this expansion chamber idea really in theory the car is only gonna pull as much air as it needs.. my mate is a freak sheet metal worker makes manifols inlet/exhaust and i could get him to make me an expansion chamber vor run the pipe to the bottom and make a heat shild to go where it enters the front bar to eliminate all hot air from getting down there ... what do you think???

Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy
    not sure the the teggies but i know with my car i dont get heat there at all, but yeh makin a box or heat shield is always a good idea

so ur car is tuned?if u get the design tht ive got it will be good for top end but then again why do u just have top end tuning?
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    I'm going to keep the stock airbox, replace the filter with a K&N (or something), remove the resonator and run a 4" hose from the bottom of the airbox to a hole I will cut out in the bumper. As much as I love the hissing sound of exposed pod filters at idle, and the mean roar when you thrash them, I think Honda had their finger on the money - the inhibitions in their design process were noise standards etc... I think improving upon an existing design is a safe bet.

dunno its the way its been done i make basically the most power in a b18 NA out of anyone i got 125atw with type r cams and other goodies a nice package i am gonna modify the intake more until i save up for quads.... hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylanamus
    I'm going to keep the stock airbox, replace the filter with a K&N (or something), remove the resonator and run a 4" hose from the bottom of the airbox to a hole I will cut out in the bumper. As much as I love the hissing sound of exposed pod filters at idle, and the mean roar when you thrash them, I think Honda had their finger on the money - the inhibitions in their design process were noise standards etc... I think improving upon an existing design is a safe bet.

nah thats tru as well bro! i agree with u its a very good mod just moddin the stock airbox and running a hose through it!!very responsive down low !!
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy
    Quote Originally Posted by farkew
    dunno its the way its been done i make basically the most power in a b18 NA out of anyone i got 125atw with type r cams and other goodies a nice package i am gonna modify the intake more until i save up for quads.... hehe

sounds sweet bro !! gluck with it
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..