Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Euro] HID Light Problem

Alright I notice the right side isnt as bright as the left side, it seems like its dying out I'm not sure how to explain it in any other way but I did not have this issue before, I have checked to see if there is crap on the headlights but its clean, anybody encounter this problem before?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Maybe the dim one needs replacing? You could swap them around and see if the dim one is now dim on the left. If so, then get a new pair of bulbs (always replace in pairs to avoid different brightnesses).

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    maybe its some loosen connections in someway...
    but to swap the bulbs to see if its the bulb itself is a pain in the ass...
    u gotta remove the front bumper to have better access and u gotta to have some special tools as well...
    my sggestion,,, drive into Honda and enquire a check up ( they usually done it for free) and see what the problem is.. and then if its the bulbs... u can try ur luck on ebay for a pair of decent D2S hid bulbs for replacement... coz honda will charge u a fortune for a pair..
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan
    Alright I notice the right side isnt as bright as the left side, it seems like its dying out I'm not sure how to explain it in any other way but I did not have this issue before, I have checked to see if there is crap on the headlights but its clean, anybody encounter this problem before?
    if, after swapping the bulbs left-right, and it is always the right side that is dim, check ur fuse.. for some strange honda reason, the headlight could have shared a fuse with someother eqpt.

my last car, a civic, had this problem, right side is very dim all of a sudden, tried changing bulbs, and still does not work.. until i noticed by horns are gone as well.. i changed the fuse for the horns and all is well.

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    From experience with playing around with ballasts and halo. bulbs.. On halogen bulbs if there isnt enough power to it, it will be dim.. but with hid systems.. if there isnt enough power to power up the ballast and ignitor it usually wont fire up at all so your d2s bulb wont even turn on. The dim bulb is usually a faulty bulb, it happens. Have you played around with your bulbs before? if so, did you touch the glass?
    But yeh sometimes you get a bad bulb which you need to replace. But if you replace the bulb make sure you get a pair cause the light output and colour will be different between the new and used ones. Also, new bulbs will slowly shift colour after i think 100 hrs or there abouts from a low Kalvin to slightly higer making it more bluey.

thanks for the replies guys, the lights got replaced after some water leaked inside, which some others had problems with before?
    because its under warranty I reckon I should just hand it over to Hondaand let them deal with it. it would be best not to fiddle around with the lights?

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    wtf?
    water inside the d2s bulb? Are you serious? / sure? Can you take some pics of the water inside the bulb reagan? Im very interested in seeing some pics. Or do u mean water inside the headlights?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I doubt the water got in the bulb itself because its under pressure. Sounds like the water entered the headlight assembly and touched the outside of the bulb, which as we know lessens the life of the bulb.

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    actually... water can get into the opened section where the wires enters the top of the glass cylinder.

headlights sorry, it was a common problem for some owners wasnt it? I saw a few topics including my own about this issue,

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    oh ok.
    have u replaced both bulbs?... if there is water in there... then yeh i would suggest solving that problem first and then narrow the problem down...Water and electricity dont mix... = ) Good luck and keep us updated!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    Sorry for hijacking this thread. I own a standard Euro and I need to change the light buld on the right side(driver side) every few months. It has just blown again and I have to change it tonight. Do any of you out there have a similar problem on the STD Model?
    FS: 16" Euro OEM Wheels (set of 4) $800.00

Mods:
    17" Euro LUX OEM wheels / Pivot / DIY Ground Wire / Euro-R Body Kit / Tien Flex + EDFC / Cusco Strut brace / Whiteline Rear Swey Bar /