Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    not a bad price.

i picked up my fly and SO clutch for 916$

Yeap basically the same price.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5>GD3>CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by coolson
    thanks for replying so quickly guys! so, the next question would be where can i get the HD Exedy clutch then? Online?
    just go to the exedy website and put in your postcode in the enquiry form and they will email u back with distributors in your area

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivski
    It's nearing 100,000km now and as far as I know it's the original clutch. I got the car about a year ago and the clutch was fairly worn then. It's not slipping in the higher gears yet, but it's certainly not bitey. I look after it as much as I can but I'd love to be able to dump it every now and again.
    If it aint slipping, dont replace it yet. Unless you are wanting to put a heavy duty one in. When I got my car, I thought the clutch would need replacing, but 50,000kms later its still ok (probably will eventually need to be done in the next year or so).

Just out of interest, how long has a clutch lasted for someone? Mines got ~145,000kms on it and as far as I know, its the original clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Oh no, dont make this about flywheels!!! I've just convinced myself not to get the TODA flywheel! What benefit would I get? Sure it would rev really nicely but when I'm hauling around my 3 lazy mates will the car feel even heavier up the hills?

Okay, I've decided to go with the Exedy HD clutch. It seems the best option. I dont dump it that much, but I love a nice shift so I may as well try something with some bite. Thanks for the help!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    OEM last longer
    So even if I use both of them exactly the same, match revs, minimal dumping, no track work the OEM clutch will last longer?

Is that because the surface of the OEM offers less friction and lasts longer... like a hard tyre lasts longer than a soft one? Or is it a clamping force issue?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivski
    Is that because the surface of the OEM offers less friction and lasts longer... like a hard tyre lasts longer than a soft one? Or is it a clamping force issue?
    Correct. The Exedy Uses a stock Clutch Disc but has a higher clamping force pressure plate. Think of it this way...

If a person weighing 50kg(OEM) and a person weighing 130Kg(Exedy) are wearing the same type of shoe. Whos tread is gonna wear out first? Assuming that they both treat there shoes exatly the same.

If your havn't increased your power of your engine, I would just get stock OEM.
    OG 03' Member #429

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Dont tell me that! I'd just decided on HD! I do value the advice though.

With regular use, can anyone give me an estimate of how long an Exedy HD clutch would last? Given a standard clutch would last about 150k give or take.

viv, im in a pretty good position to be telling u mate....

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    No sweat Andy, just want as many opinions as I can get to make a good decision for my driving and learn a bit about clutches and flywheels in the process.