Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    tighten the bolts, they have a habit of getting themselves loose on the figure 8s

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    this is wierd
    i still get noises on mine even after tightening
    if i were to regrease mine, what grease would u recommend?
    i've used nulon xtreme and doesnt seem to help...
    its only when i go down my drive way it like creaks and makes all these f**ked up noises... i hate it
    might take it off just because of that...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    everyone i know who has had the whiteline rear sway has this problem
    tony aka luzinit has had it for so long and tried to fix it so many times
    i think he has given up

Quote Originally Posted by gelo
    everyone i know who has had the whiteline rear sway has this problem
    tony aka luzinit has had it for so long and tried to fix it so many times
    i think he has given up
    welcome to the club ! (lol)
    I have a EG civic with the 20/22mm swaybar and simply saying , it makes alot of noise. After going back to whiteline and looking under and re-lubing , the exact noise has still not been found. All i know is on hard left hand corners the exhaust piping appears to "knock" against the swaybar and on pivoting driveways or speed bumps there is a not-so-nice sharp CLICK from the back.
    Not to mention the rear just making iffy metal noises while driving in a straight line.

But there isnt a problem at all in performance or noticeable wear etc...

There are two possibles

- Bushes need to be greased up. You know how you got a little bag....use it ALL on both bushes.

- Swaybar was incorrectly bent and taps against some part of the chassis on twists. Best way to check, jack the car up on both sides, put some bricks under one side of the car (tyre, typically the one in which direction you say the noise comes from when you turn) and then lower it slowly and see if the bar taps the chassis anywhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    it is very hard to diagnose the problem, easiest way is probably to take the darn thing off and reinstall.

i relubed, retightened various parts of the whiteline sway about 6-7 times, without success. taking the thing off felt alot better, the snapping sounds it made whilst driving was just awful to hear on a daily basis.

whiteline want 57 dollars or so for new d-brackets/saddle things + u bolts & nuts..... mmm... woitek gimme a discount!!

mine doesn't make any noises whatsoever

get someone to bounce the car up and down, while someone else gets underneath tit to spot the squeak...
    Last edited by ginganggooly; 18-05-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    mine doesn't make any noises whatsoever

get someone to bounce the car up and down, while someone else gets underneath tit to spot the squeak...
    wtf is urs on a crv or something..?

Quote Originally Posted by [ricer]
    wtf is urs on a crv or something..?
    does my profile say crv?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    damn u lucky bastard slim!! mines off the car atm.... im guessing the warped mounts have introduced some extra play.... therefore making the noise

guys, check out your d saddle mounts etc, if you have overtightened them too much it can cause it to warp i think. this may be the reason why its making noises constantly, i'll have to get a new set to confirm though.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    i m sort of over it now ...

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    does my profile say crv?
    ur dc2 vtir must be very high
    my civic is stock height and if u put ur head under it and bounce the car around i'm pretty sure u'll get hit... unless ur head is like 10cm in diameter...