Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    you guys ever heard of things called "pits"

ring local mechs an find one that has one....

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    whats 'pits'

Yep so i'm not the only one then. Just put mine in the other day and some crazy creaking noises coming from down there. But lovin the stiff so i will put up with it. Might get under there and lather a tub of grease in those bushes. HAHA will report bak when i have done it, Probably not for ages...
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Manual Mazda 3 SP23
    Dunno wether this is any similar to the mazda's but just to let ya all know...

There have been a number of mazda 3 owners with the whiteline sway bars, and the swaybars have actually shifted.. problem has been reported and some whiteline lock kits werent sent out ...

Hope this helps

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Put teflon tape (plumber's tape) around the bar where the bushes come into contact. Use lots of grease and make your own locking kit (or buy it from whiteline).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    mine makes noises too! and doesnt sound good at all! im scared ima break sumthin lolz
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    was a honda
    yes i had a rattling noise too when i had my whiteline rear swaybar fitted.

mine was an easy solution.........they installed it up-side-down and it was hitting the exhaust pipe!

went back and told em, so they turned it around.........could be as easy as that?

Trav (egsi) helped install mine on a couple of nights ago. I'm getting similar noises. Not too bad though, I'm not too worried about it - I'll probably get under the car this weekend and check to see everything's tight and lubed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RED3VIL
    Dunno wether this is any similar to the mazda's but just to let ya all know...

There have been a number of mazda 3 owners with the whiteline sway bars, and the swaybars have actually shifted.. problem has been reported and some whiteline lock kits werent sent out ...

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Put teflon tape (plumber's tape) around the bar where the bushes come into contact. Use lots of grease and make your own locking kit (or buy it from whiteline).
    Locking kit?? What is it?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by DomenEK
    Locking kit?? What is it?
    It's looks like a piece of hose and a clamp that goes over it. I made my own from plastic hosing and a hose clamp (from bunnings). If you don't want to make it, you can order it from whiteline through trav as well.

Remember to retighten the endlinks after 200km. I don't think there is any need to retighten the brackets though.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    It's looks like a piece of hose and a clamp that goes over it. I made my own from plastic hosing and a hose clamp (from bunnings). If you don't want to make it, you can order it from whiteline through trav as well.

Remember to retighten the endlinks after 200km. I don't think there is any need to retighten the brackets though.
    I'm all for making my own. But what does it do, and where does it go?

I did a search - it this what you're talking about?:
    http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/ins...Z289_W0450.pdf

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by DomenEK
    I'm all for making my own. But what does it do, and where does it go?

I did a search - it this what you're talking about?:
    http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/ins...Z289_W0450.pdf
    Yup, it goes next to the bushing so that the sway bar does not slide and clunk when it goes back to the original position. On my rear sway, one side of the bushing is slanted while the other side is straight. I put it on the straight side.

well... shouldnt they send this out with the sway bar if the sway bar moves like that ???