Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

da9 dumped all the gear box oil

hey guys was on a cruise on the weekend just a very sunday cruise through the hills, i heard a noise so i pulled over straight away and turned off the car, i then looked under the car to see all the gear box oil fluding out extremely quickly, its still yet to get checked out but what do you guys think it might be??

thanks ryan.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i think its a safe bet you blew your gearbox up bro

could be wrong though

hehe

if some thing in the gear box has gone, is it worth re building it, or buying a 2nd hand one, all the syncros in the gear box are all good, and i would hate to buy another one and the syncros are gone!

Member Array
    A reman tranny is like $400-$600USD with core exchange. Should come with a warranty too. If the gear oil was flooding out it's safe to say you cracked the case or blew the seals. If you cracked the case a new/reman is the only way to go. If it's just a seal take it to a shop and change the seals. $200USD for all new seals at most, I don't know labor rates there.

well hopefully its just a seal, that would make my bank balance a little more happier lol, will keep you all posted when i find out the hopefully non bad news tomorrow haha, thanks.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    if its only a seal it wouldnt be gushing out man

i remember this happened to me in my old pulsar, cracked the diff housing... somehow

hey guys, havent found out yet, but i am doing the ring arounds for a 2nd hand gear box, and just my luck no one in adelaide has one besides woodville and there waaaayyyy to expensive lol, do any other gear box's fit or has anyone had one rebuilt? and how much thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    same thing happend to me
    you have most likely shreadded off a tooth of the gears and that shot into the cashing and cracked/made a hole in it
    I had a hole in mine about 5by5cm's big it was pretty easy to spot also
    you will require a noew houseing and new gear its better of getting a new box

hey if any one can source a 91 manual gear box with km's in melbourne and prices it would be really appriciated, let me know if you can help thanks.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like you have cracked the gearbox housing,

but you should realy check to make sure your innser cv joint hasnt poped out of the gearbox

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    I know of a wrecker here in Melb that sells them for $520ish and I got it down to $470 coz I've been buying parts from them for the past 4yrs cheapes I think you will ever find and with 12month warranty too!
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572

Member Array
    Car:
    Red Rocket SSV
    ahhh that was you

did you get back home alright?

hope ya didnt have to wait around for hours.