Reviving this old thread

ANSWER:

Couldn't find a simple answer to this problem and after a lot of research and confusion I finally worked out how to make my civic have remote central locking.
Car is a 1998 EK Civic hatch GLI - Factory fitted central locking (both doors open using key), + electric windows if that makes any difference.

* This method only requires a remote central locking control unit (including remotes) no other actuators or parts needed. Very simple 4 wire process:

1. Take off drivers door trim

2. Locate door actuator plug which is grey and has 5 wires(bottom right of door):
- black
- white/red stripe
- yellow/red stripe
- blue/white stripe
- blue/red stripe

We are going to be using both; blue/white stripe , blue/red stripe which are the signal wires.

3. Locate factory central locking unit control box (sits in a pocket inside left hand side of door):

This unit has many wires coming out of it. All you need to find is
-black (ground)
-white/green stripe (constant power)

Remember to check with test light

The remote central locking kit I purchased came with actuators and was for a 4 door car. Not to over complicate things, it was also double master control which basically meant it was designed having 4 wires attached to the front door actuators and 2 wires on the rear actuators. It may be different in your case depending on the kit you purchase.
In my case, I cut off the actuators which left me with just the control unit. I had RED (constant 12v), BLACK, GREEN (signal), BLUE(signal), BROWN and WHITE (both signal for master front doors which are not needed). The green and blue wires are what i used.

4. Connect wires!

[Aftermarket kit > factory wires]

RED + > WHITE/GREEN + constant power
BLACK - > BLACK - negative ground

GREEN > BLUE/RED signal
BLUE > BLUE/WHITE signal

5. I mounted the control box next to the actuator plug with zip ties and double sided tape. Be careful it clears the window and door trim!

Obliviously every kit will be different, just connect the actuator signal wires from your aftermarket locking unit to the factory wires i have pointed out.

After testing you should have both drivers and passenger side doors opening and closing, all without touching an actuator or relay Hope this helps